Developers
Donate

Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

open context menu in Total Commander
August 02, 2009 08:01PM
Hi All,

I am trying to work out how to use StrokeIt it to properly open the context menu in Total Commander, as per:
http://ghisler.ch/board/viewtopic.php?p=179928#179928

The issue is that TC by default right click in TC means "select a file" and only opens the context menu on right click after a second or so. However they have implemented it, StrokeIt is "stealing" the right click event and the context menu never opens.

I can work around this by
a) configuring TC to make context menu the default right click action - but I actually like the way TC works out of the box.
b) holding control down as I right click to make StrokeIt ignore the action.

However, I want to try a third option: getting StrokeIt to tell TC to open a context menu.

From the forum message above:
===
Mabe you could configure a gesture in StrokeIt which would send the command cm_contextmenu to TC? To do this, post message WM_USER+51 to the TC window with
WParam=2500
and
LParam=0
===

But I am having trouble working out a) how to trigger anything on RBUTTON_DOWN - no matter what action I select, nothing seems to happen and b) how to send the command as described above.

Any help would be most appreciated!

Rob
:)
Re: open context menu in Total Commander
August 02, 2009 10:24PM
In addition to your first two options, your only other choices are to add total commander to the ignored applications list or to configure StrokeIt to use the middle mouse button instead of the right mouse button.

You can't bind a command to the right button down event because that action is not actually a gesture, at that point StrokeIt is just watching the mouse input to see what you're going to draw.

-- Jeff
Carrozza
October 23, 2009 09:26AM
Why not just bind SHIFT+F10 to a gesture?
That is the default context menù keyboard shortcut in Windows XP.
October 23, 2009 08:09PM
You could also configure, say, the Up gesture to emulate a right mouse click in TC. You need the Emulate Mouse Click plugin for that; it can be downloaded from Leo's StrokeIt site.
http://home.arcor.de/strokeit/index2.html

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/2009 08:10PM by Cerberus.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 22 plus 7?