Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

Help beta test .9.7 personal

Posted by jeff 
Joe
Re: Help beta test .9.7 personal
December 09, 2009 08:55PM
Yes, the line is shown on the desktop as you describe. Normally I have gestures disabled on destop, so I didn't notice that before. When I open Strokeit settings, the lines are shown as usual. As far as I remember the issue didn't come back before the next reboot.

A very minor issue: The color of the line doesn't match the setting, RGB 0-0-0 results in 146-146-146.
Allen
December 10, 2009 09:29AM
jeff Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Wheel Up/Down issue only affects certain
> applications (Opera/IE) on 64bit Win7 and it's my
> opinion that it is an issue with the Win7 stack.
> I don't think there's much I can do about it and
> I'm not going to hold the .9.7 release because of
> it.
>
> -- Jeff

it has affected all programs that ive tested with. is there a way to copy the way macro express sends commands? with macro express, i can send commands to programs on win7 x64 with no problems. although with macro express, i send the commands that are triggered with keyboard hotkeys and not the mouse wheel up/down.

here's some info i mentioned before in case it helps...

i just tested the so-called WHEEL_UP/DOWN issue a different way. instead of using strokeit to send the ctrl- ctrl+ commands, i used another hotkey program called macro express. and macro express was able to send the commands to the programs correctly. so it doesnt seem that its the fault of the other programs not receiving the commands, but rather something peculiar with how strokeit sends the commands. and also the previous 0.9.6 version of strokeit was able to send correctly as well. can 0.9.7 be fixed so that the commands are sent correctly or in a more compatible way?
Joe
December 10, 2009 10:10AM
Allen Wrote:
> i used another hotkey
> program called macro express. and macro express
> was able to send the commands to the programs
> correctly.

I think the problem is not to send the commands correctly. The problem is to recognize the mouse wheel events correctly.
December 10, 2009 11:03AM
@Allen

Perhaps I'm not completely understanding your problem. Please try the following things and let me know your results:

1) Remove any existing actions you have configured to use WHEEL_UP and WHEEL_DOWN.

2) In the global actions, create a new action and assign the WHEEL_UP gesture. Add a command to this action, select 'Utilities - Messagebox' command and type "Up" in both the Caption and the Text

3) Repeat step 2, but this time use WHEEL_DOWN and type "Down" for the Caption and the Text.

Now when you hold down the right mouse button and spin the wheel up, a messagebox should pop up saying "Up". When you spin the wheel down, a messagebox should pop up saying "Down". Make sure that you are getting both messages and that it works in any of the programs that you've been having trouble with.

Please let me know if you do, in fact, see both the "Up" and the "Down" messages.

-- Jeff
December 10, 2009 12:19PM
Just to add my two cents ;)
Though I hardly ever use them,StrokeIt recognizes both up and down wheel gestures and executes the assigned commands correctly. Currently I have an OSD and a Lua script (recently) added to both of them to open (down) and close (up) the CD tray. Never tried with hotkeys, I tend to 'overdrive' the wheel.

I'm using Win7 Ultimate 64 bit.
Allen
December 11, 2009 06:49AM
ok i did some extensive testing with some programs on win7 x64.

[note that i tested both 64/32 versions of photoshop cs4.]

[32 bit programs]
no - photoshop cs4
no - maxthon 2.1.5
no - macro express 3.7d
no - dreamweaver cs4
works - zoom player 7
works - xnview 1.97
works - winamp 5.56
works - xplorer2 pro 1.7.2.6

[64 bit programs]
works - photoshop cs4
works - lightroom 2.5
works - perfectdisk 10
works - winrar 3.90
works - 3ds max 2010
works - notepad

here are my results of whether the wheel up/down gesture works properly with the test up/down message command. the problem seems to only affect some 32 bit programs.
December 11, 2009 02:01PM
I have just done a clean Win 7 x86 install on my desktop system. With StrokeIt latest I do NOT see any mouse-related gestures executing (LBUTTON, RBUTTON, WHEEL, etc). I can see the invisible window StrokeIt puts up to capture gestures (in another app, Enable Virtual Desktop, that has a "mini-window' view of the desktops) and I can see that the mouse-related gestures don't even mqake it that far.

I tested this both without and with Intellipoint installed; and following the previous remarks I tried it in several applications, and it just won't work for me.
December 11, 2009 02:10PM
@MKairys

Three things to try

1) Since you're using the enhanced version, make sure you're using the latest license key.

2) If you've disabled the 'gesture timeout after' setting, turn it back on. Scott had an issue with this earlier

3) If you're still having problems, try creating an empty 'strokeit.ini' file in the install directory (this switches strokeit to 'portable' mode and is a non-destructive method of resetting it to the default settings)

-- Jeff
December 11, 2009 03:23PM
> a non-destructive method of resetting it to the default settings...
Neat. I was already in portable mode but it was an easy switch.

However I am still having problems. I downloaded and installed again, created empty ini file and rebooted. Working normally except for LB, MB, W gestures. And I also see the MultiMon plugin doesn't seem to be working; my beloved Next Monitor gesture is doubley axed, since I put it on LB-down...

Here are my tests. I get no beeps until I add a "working" gesture to the list (left, right, etc). And with Test M I get a beep but no next monitor.

Test W {
gesture = WHEEL_UP
gesture = WHEEL_DOWN
Beep = utilities, PlaySound "D:\\Users\\Michael\\Data\\Media\\Sounds\\beep.wav"
}
Test B {
gesture = LBUTTON_DOWN
gesture = RBUTTON_DOWN
}
Test M {
gesture = Right-Down
Next Monitor = multimon, NextMonitor ""
}
December 14, 2009 11:04AM
>I have just done a clean Win 7 x86 install on my desktop system.
>Working normally except for LB, MB, W gestures. And I also see the MultiMon plugin doesn't seem to be working

Just to clarify, are these issues things that worked for you before with Win7 and are only recently broken, or have you just upgraded from Vista and find that these are now issues with Win7?

-- Jeff
LeoShone
December 15, 2009 01:02AM
Hi, the Gestures "WHEEL_UP" and "WHEEL_DOWN" are not working in 0.9.7. (but they are OK in 0.9.6 and 0.9.5).

I use these two gestures like this:
Holding right mouse button and scroll mouse wheel to switch tabs in MDI application (e.g. Firefox/chrome).

but it is not available in 0.9.7 :(

Please check this bug, thanks.

Regards.
December 15, 2009 08:02AM
> have you just upgraded from Vista and find that these are now issues with Win7?

Yes, except that the wheel gestures never worked for me on Vista either.
LeoShone
December 16, 2009 12:27AM
Sorry for missing important info...

Here they are:

WinXP SP2
StrokeIt 0.9.7

Cannot use gesture WHEEL_UP and WHEEL_DOWN to switch Tabs in MDI application.
December 16, 2009 01:57PM
Correction to the previous: MultiMon Next Monitor is working. Don't know why it wasn't, but it is.
tleish
December 18, 2009 03:33PM
Right Mouse Button Sticks

Computer: Vista Business 32bit

With the beta version installed, the blue mouse trail continues to follow my mouse even after I release the right mouse button. This happens on a click and drag (gesture) or a quick click. I can't right click copy/paste when it's running because of this and the gestures don't work either.

Going back to the previous release for now.

-tleish
Mike
December 26, 2009 10:08PM
WTF, just the other day the beta was in English?
flyskyz
December 27, 2009 05:36AM
"internet - open website" no work and make strokeit crash
windows 7 ultimate 64-bit
December 29, 2009 12:55PM
flyskyz:

I'm having trouble reproducing this. Open website works for me on Win7 64. Does the "Internet - Run Browser" command work for you? What browser do you have configured as your default?

Please zip and email me any crash logs in %APPDATA%\TCB Networks\StrokeIt\CrashRpt, my email address is in the about box.

-- Jeff
Kristian Tigersoul
Bug found
December 29, 2009 01:47PM
I tried the new beta as the old stable version kept crashing crashing crashing on my windows 7 x64, I don't know about the crashing yet but I have an action that sends the keystroke SHIFT-WIN-LEFT and for some reason it only sends WIN-LEFT and leaves the shift out of the picture, the old version did not do this.

Kristian
Allen
December 30, 2009 09:07PM
Allen Wrote:
> ok i did some extensive testing with some programs
> on win7 x64.
>
>
>
> [32 bit programs]
> no - photoshop cs4
> no - maxthon 2.1.5
> no - macro express 3.7d
> no - dreamweaver cs4
> works - zoom player 7
> works - xnview 1.97
> works - winamp 5.56
> works - xplorer2 pro 1.7.2.6
>
> [64 bit programs]
> works - photoshop cs4
> works - lightroom 2.5
> works - perfectdisk 10
> works - winrar 3.90
> works - 3ds max 2010
> works - notepad
>
> here are my results of whether the wheel up/down
> gesture works properly with the test up/down
> message command. the problem seems to only affect
> some 32 bit programs.

is there any chance of fixing this bug yet?
December 31, 2009 11:28AM
> The Wheel Up/Down issue only affects certain applications (Opera/IE) on 64bit
> Win7 and it's my opinion that it is an issue with the Win7 stack. I don't think there's
> much I can do about it and I'm not going to hold the .9.7 release because of it.

No.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.