Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

No drawing on the desktop

Posted by Runsilent 
Runsilent
No drawing on the desktop
May 25, 2012 06:11PM
I am not able to draw gestures on the desktop. I normally do this to open programs, web browser, etc. I prefer to use mouse gestures as opposed to key strokes for these functions.
Is this by design or does StrokeIt normally work on the desktop?
I am running version Home 9.7 on Windows 7 64-bit.
Re: No drawing on the desktop
May 25, 2012 09:54PM
It normally works on the Desktop. I have no experience with Win 7 64b, but you could try running SI as an administrator (right-click on the exe file or the shortcut, pick "run as admin". Then there could be other things, I wish I knew more about this. I have seen several other threads come by about problems in Win 7, so perhaps search the forum. Good luck!
Runsilent
May 26, 2012 12:20AM
Yes, I have been running it as Administrator. Not sure what else might be the cause.
I did see one other post from someone having this issue in the forum, but it wasn't resolved.
May 26, 2012 09:24AM
I really have no idea. You could check whether the desktop isn't in list of identifiers for the Disabled application? I think the identifier of the Desktop is Program (try it).
Runsilent
May 26, 2012 04:53PM
The desktop is enabled, and identified correctly. If I find out the cause, I will post back to let you know.
Wesley Smith
April 07, 2013 10:54AM
This is almost a year old, but I don't see a fix yet. So I will keep adding:

I find that I can gesture on the Desktop and it does run the comma d. It does NOT show the Line though. (Windows 7 64bit)
Teuf
April 08, 2014 10:15AM
"Fences" from stardock can cause this problem...
So I do such Luke Skywalker : On blind mode
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Attachments:
  • Valid attachments: zip, sxp, cfg
  • No file can be larger than 128 KB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 512 KB
  • 4 more file(s) can be attached to this message

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 22 plus 23?