Contact Us

StrokeIt

Failed to use StrokeIt

Posted by reggme 
reggme
Failed to use StrokeIt
September 08, 2010 12:27AM
I just install StrokeIt .9.7. but I got 2 problems:

1) I'm a chrome user, I have a mouse gesture plugin for my chrome. And I want to use StrokeIi for mouse gesture in Windows Explorer. So I set an application "Chrome.exe" in Strokeit and another application "Explorer.exe" for Windows Exlporer.

As you will see that it will mess up chrome's gesture and Windows explorer's gestures, I set StrokeIt to "disable gesture form this application" in chrome's rule. But once I disable it, the gesture in Windows explorer is also disabled. (no mouse trailing drawn when i made gesture on windows explorer's windows).

2) In the Explorer.exe rule, I created actions and commands for "scrolling to top"/"scrolling to bottom" and "back", I used send Hotkeys: "HOME", "END" and "ALT-LEFT" correspondingly for these actions. but NONE of them works.

What's problem with my StrokeIt? It seems totally not working at all. Please help!

Much thanks!
Re: Failed to use StrokeIt
September 08, 2010 04:50AM
Check application identifiers. It might happened that you've added Windows Explorer class to Opera rules.
September 08, 2010 04:37PM
When you said you added Chrome.exe and Explorer.exe, to what exactly did you add them? What you tell us indicated that gestures are disabled for Explorer, somehow.

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/6545/screenshotstrokeitwoens.jpg

Perhaps you already know this, but I will explain it just to be sure. In my screenshot, I have selected the application Explorer, and to the right you see the labels that StrokeIt uses to identify Explorer, such as Explorer.exe. You should not see Chrome.exe in the same white box as Explorer.exe: this would mean that StrokeIt did the same things whether you were in Chrome or in Explorer.

You should have one application Explorer, with identifier Explorer in the white box; and another application Google Chrome, with Chrome.exe (or another identifier: use the identifier crosshair to find it) in Chrome's box, and set to "disable gestures in this application". As an alternative, you could add Chrome to the 'application' called "Disabled Apps", which you can also see in my list.

Could it be that you have explorer.exe in your list several times? Once for the application "Explorer", and somwehere else in a disabled application, or in the list of disabled applications?

If you can't figure it out, you could export your actions and post the actions file here, so that we may look at it.
reggme
September 08, 2010 10:20PM
Thanks for help! The first problem is solved now. It should be the problem that I put the "chrome.exe" identifier into the "[Global Actions]" application. As I wanted to use StrokeIt in Windows Explorer only, so I just treated this "Global Actions" as the "Disable Apps" in your example. After I added a new Chrome apps, The first problem is fixed now.

However, my second problem still persist. The command was not triggered at all. my action file was attached for yours reference. Thank you very much!!!
Attachments:
open | download - Export.sxp (5.2 KB)
September 09, 2010 02:15AM
I tried your export file and it worked (Go Top lacked the HOME hotkey, but that's not the problem here). What happened exactly? The line was not drawn or the desired action did not execute?
reggme
September 09, 2010 08:16PM
The desired action did not execute. Thanks.
September 28, 2010 07:51AM
Have you solved this yet? If not, you could try adding an On Screen Display command to your action that says "test" or something: if the text is displayed on screen but the desired action doesn't happen, there could be a wrong hotkey or some error in Explorer or something else in that direction; if the text is not displayed, there is probably something wrong with the gesture or the application identifier.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Attachments:
  • Valid attachments: zip, sxp, cfg
  • No file can be larger than 128 KB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 512 KB
  • 4 more file(s) can be attached to this message

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 10 plus 22?