Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

Firefox "Reversed C"

Posted by Abbet 
Abbet
Firefox "Reversed C"
January 09, 2005 08:38AM
I love in IE that when you draw a "Reversed C" the adress bar drops down, but in Firefox, nothing happens. How do I get the adress bar to drop down in firefox, I don't care if it has to be a different gesture.

Thanx Abbet
Griff
Re: Firefox "Reversed C"
January 09, 2005 10:06AM
just import this atached file...

It has the 'c reversed' gesture in mozilla send Ctrl + L then Down. I think thats what you need
Griff
January 09, 2005 10:10AM
I thought I added the file, doesnt seem to have worked though... trying again. If it doesnt, you're going to have to do it yourself... like it says above; just add the c reversed gesture to the mozilla part and have it send hotkeys: Ctrl + L and then Down.

Hope that helps
Abbet
January 15, 2005 11:45PM
So I put in this Send Keystroke:
[ctrl_down]l[ctrl_up][down_down][down_up]

It drops down the adress box, but if I'm at google.com, then it just shows all the google.com/search....blah, blah, blah. Its different then if I press the drop down arrow next to the adressbar because it shows all the different webpages i've typed in.

I know I'm being a pain, but I'm thankful for you guys for helping me. I was using 9.2, but I installed 9.4 before I tried any keystrokes. I'm also running litestep and it seems to make some programs act funny sometimes.

Abbet

PS. I can already see an impovement in adding new comands in 9.4, you guys kick ass
nik
January 16, 2005 01:06AM
Abbetsaid:
PS. I can already see an impovement in adding new comands in 9.4, you guys kick ass
i think there is only 1 guy making this thing, but that guy is certaily kickin ass.

here u go:
make 2 commands
1st command : hotkey - ctrl + l
2nd : hotkey - down

A rule of the thumb:
use multiple commands for multiple actions
Abbet
January 16, 2005 03:18PM
Ok, so I changed it to the mult actions, but my problem is that "ctrl + L" is different than hitting the drop down arrow to the right of the adressbar. I got onto the mozilla forum to see if there's a different hotkey.

Ok so I just figured it out, kind of.

hotkey - ctrl + l
hotkey - delete
hotkey - down

It works, but I would like to beable to do it without deleting my current adress.

Abbet
nik
January 16, 2005 04:10PM
i tried a few variations but that doean't seem possible. Thats due to the way firefox works, it only show addresses related to the one in the bar.

A solution would be to use Opera. Its better then Firefox.
U need no extensions as it has all the features possible and u can customize everything!!
and it also has an inbuilt email client(has labels) and an irc client@ 3.6 MB.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Attachments:
  • Valid attachments: zip, sxp, cfg
  • No file can be larger than 128 KB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 512 KB
  • 4 more file(s) can be attached to this message

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 17 plus 5?