Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

Activating a window

Posted by Jovani 
Jovani
Activating a window
March 09, 2004 12:42AM
All I want to do is quickly bring up a window of an application, like in this case RealPlayer. The application will be open before I hit the gesture. I just want it to specifically call up the Realplayer window so I can change songs or change the volume, etc. But I can't get it to work.

Can you tell what I'm doing wrong by looking at my screenshot?
Hope I gave you enough to work with.
Oroumov
Re: Activating a window
March 09, 2004 02:18AM
Can't see the screenshot...
Jeff
March 09, 2004 06:35AM
You can use the "Windows - Activate Window" command. I think Scott created a plugin once that would allow you to switch to a window and then switch back to the original window. You may want to search the forums for that.

If you're just looking to send commands to the window, the best method is to use the SendMessage command, but that will require you to determine the messages being generated by the volume/songs commands. I don't use realplayer, so I can't help you out with that part.

-- Jeff
Jovani
March 09, 2004 06:20PM
I created a new action
then a new command to activate window with GeminiWindowClass in the class window and realplay in the caption window

This gesture which I assigned the letter J to is supposed to just bring an already open RealJukebox to the front of all the other crap I have open on my desktop for friends of mine so that they can just draw the letter J and up comes an already open RealJukebox that's burried somewhere not in the system tray. I'm don't think it can even be minimized to the system tray. just the taskbar
Attachments:
open | download - Screensht.zip (204.1 KB)
vorchatwo
June 11, 2004 12:07AM
ahh, why not just make a task bar with an shortcut on it to the player?? That is if youre in a prog that has task bars (windows, IE, etc).
ZeroMP
August 18, 2004 12:09AM

Did that work I wonder??

....RealOne at least likes to have a trashy home-made
looking window title - unlike the windows window titles
.....so I'm curious if Strokeit would recognize it....
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.