Translations
Developers
Donate

Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

cannot use WHEEL_UP/ WHEEL_DOWN for Page Up/Down in IE

Posted by Arvind 
I've configured WHEEL_UP and WHEEL_DOWN for Page Up and Page Down (PRIOR and NEXT) hotkeys respectively as "Global Actions". For every application exept IE (or those that use IE's engine, like GreenBrowser and MyIE2) this works perfectly.

Assigning another gesture like Down or Up works fine, but these gestures do other important jobs. What's different with IE?

Is is possible to use wheel_up / wheel_down for Page Up/Down in IE?
?
Mine guestures work well. And it works fine even in CHM help files.
You can check and try it, download my Jordan's Actions here.
(Backup all settings before trying to import mine!)
Thanks Jordan

I checked out your configuration. After exporting all my actions to a backup file, I deleted all my entries in the "Actions" folder of Strokeit. I then imported your file. The configuration for WHEEL_UP and WHEEL_DOWN were exactly the same as mine and as before, they did not work.

There was never any problem with CHM help files, old HLP files, wordpad, microsoft word, Edxor, metapad or any editor. The same gestures work perfectly everywhere else.

The only problem is with IE, GreenBrowser, MyIE2 and Crazy Browser. All these browsers use the same IE engine. The more puzzling part is that the CHM help files also use IE engine and yet the gestures work properly in them.

Any ideas?

Arvind
When you deleted all your actions files, was your StrokeIt RUNNING?

If so, when you quit the StrokeIt, it will rewrite the cached actions, guestures and the other settings backed to the actions and guestures folder. You should quit your StrokeIt before deleting any action files and guesture files and importing any presets.

There must be some settings prevent you from applying guesture settings to the CLASS:IEFrame, which Internet Explorer and MyIE2 uses.
However, the class of the HTML Help (CHM Help) is CLASS:HH Parent, which differs from CLASS:IEFrame, so "wheel up" and "wheel down" have got a chance to work in HTML Help.
> When you deleted all your actions files, was your StrokeIt RUNNING?

It was just as you predicted Jordan but I noticed it in time and had to redo the whole thing after quitting StrokeIt.

You're right about Window Class of IE, MYIE2 and CHM. But I prefer to use GreenBrower and the "Finder Tool" is not able to detect its Window Class. When I try to do so, the focus shifts to File Name. The odd thing is that GreenBrowser also use the IE engine.

All other gestures except wheel_up and wheel_down work fine in all the browsers. Also, if I assign other gestures like Up and Down for Page Up/Down respectively they work perfectly. The problem is only with the wheel_up and wheel_down gestures.

[cite]All other gestures except wheel_up and wheel_down work fine in all the browsers. Also, if I assign other gestures like Up and Down for Page Up/Down respectively they work perfectly. The problem is only with the wheel_up and wheel_down gestures.[/cite]

~~~~~I am not very sure what is going on on your side then~~~~~
Are there some application definitions behind the definition of the IEFrame?

About GreenBrowser:
I used to use that thing, i did not remember what had took me backed to MyIE2. To recognize GreenBrowser, you should have StrokeIt recognize application by Window Title. And then use Match Text as Pattern.
*GreenBrowser - *
I am very angry that, when the GreenBrowser loads, it places a 50% or 60% thing at the beginning to the window title, so you have to use one more "*" at the beginning.

Also, there are some occasions that StrokeIt fails to recognize MDI windowed applications properly, according my experience, if we use Window Class detection method to detect the application. You can close the application, and open it again to try again. Or a better approach, now, is to use Window Title recognization for MDI applications.

If you keep on using GreenBrowser, you should make sure that StrokeIt does recogninze it. Perhaps your application definition about the GreenBrowser is not right, so the Wheel-Up, Wheel-Down thing does not work.
By the way, the first file of Jordan's Straight Guestures have a definition for GreenBrowser, you can try that one to see if it works.
Thanks for your reply Jordan.

I'll continue trying to figure this thing out. For the moment, I'm using Up and Down gestures for Page Up and Page Down in web browsers. These gestures used to do something else earlier, when I had not started using Page Up and Page Down.

By the way, I used WinSpy++ to find the class of GreenBrowser - it's "Internet Explorer_Server". It was not of any use, however. Maybe there are some conflicts. The loss of two gestures in web browsers is a bit inconvenient but StrokeIt still provides a lot of rich alternatives.

Thanks.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Attachments:
  • Valid attachments: zip, sxp, cfg
  • No file can be larger than 128 KB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 512 KB
  • 4 more file(s) can be attached to this message

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 24 plus 16?