Connect to net action?
December 19, 2001 08:08PM
<HTML>Anyone sorted an action out to connect tothe net, it has the keyvaslue of

{BA126AD7-2166-11D1-B1D0-00805FC1270E}

but i cant find a way to implement it :(</HTML>
andy baker
Re: Connect to net action?
December 20, 2001 05:00AM
<HTML>Can you create a shortcut from the dial-up networking folder (assuming you are in Win9x) and then use 'Run' Program to run that .lnk file?</HTML>
Ignix
December 21, 2001 06:02PM
<HTML>I have it set up so that a link to my connection on the desktop has a keyboard shortcut. An action under "Global Actions" just sends this keyboard shortcut. Works great. I guess I could just run the link too with Run... Both ways work flawlessly.</HTML>
Dennis
December 27, 2001 12:04AM
<HTML>if u safe your password u just need a link to your PPP connection, if ur using that of course. If u don't wanna store your password in windows (like u should) then do it like me: one move opens the connection window and a second move just for that exact window gives u the password over keystorkes and enter.
What u got is 2 moves and a... please nobody blame me... more secure connection :)

Dennis</HTML>
ferzal
January 10, 2002 07:31AM
<HTML>More secure? When your password is now stored in plain text in the stroke-it directory? I don't think so.</HTML>
Dennis
January 10, 2002 11:19PM
<HTML>I considered not that kind of secure. I just meant cool trojans, or plain password readers like found in email attachments (for example a newer one the Badtrans virus, which actually only logs filestrokes and doesn't read the RAS, but i just wanted to give an example).
And security is not always the way you encrypt it, a wise chinese saying is, that the best place to hide something is the most obvious one.

I understand what you mean, but not everybody knows that there's a StrokeIt program out there with plain text action files (hey what about encrypting those Jeff?) even if everybody SHOULD know, this awesome piece of software.

Sincebeerely
Dennis</HTML>
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Attachments:
  • Valid attachments: zip, sxp, cfg
  • No file can be larger than 128 KB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 512 KB
  • 4 more file(s) can be attached to this message

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 15 plus 21?