Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

Alt+tab

Posted by Overboardkiller 
Overboardkiller
Alt+tab
December 19, 2001 02:23AM
<HTML>I can only Alt+tab once is there any other way i can Alt tab as many times as i want?</HTML>
Jeff
Re: Alt+tab
December 19, 2001 03:18AM
<HTML>No, not really. If you're trying to cycle between open windows, use the Next/Previous Window commands (bound to Up-Right and Up-Left, by default). This will let you cycle through the buttons on the task bar.

-- Jeff</HTML>
Ben Bardill
December 21, 2001 12:04PM
<HTML>I've made my own "Next/Prev window" actions for StrokeIt because the built-in ones don't work for me. These actions allow you to cycle through the buttons on the task bars unlimited times.

Open the [Global Actions] menu, and change Task Next to send Keystrokes. Add "[ALT_DOWN][ESCAPE][ALT_UP]" to the keystroke. Change Task Prev to send keystokes and add "[ALT_DOWN][SHIFT_DOWN][ESCAPE][SHIFT_UP][ALT_UP]".</HTML>
Jeff
December 21, 2001 02:25PM
<HTML>Ben,

What version of windows are you running? Are you running any window managers (LiteStep, etc) or Active Desktop or perhaps anything else that would interfere with the taskbar?</HTML>
Ben Bardill
December 25, 2001 04:26PM
<HTML>I'm using Windows XP Pro, and if I remember correctly, also couldn't get that to work in Windows 2000.</HTML>
Dennis
December 26, 2001 11:52PM
<HTML>ok we got that in another forum too.. i can't use it either win98SE but thanks for the ALT+ESCAPE WORKAROUND!</HTML>
Ravindra
March 21, 2002 01:45PM
<HTML>Cool. This initially didn't work for me - but this workaround is good.

I'm using Litestep and XP by the way. It seems that these actions depend on the taskbar, which Litestep doesn't use.</HTML>
Falcom
May 02, 2002 05:01PM
<HTML>If you want to cycle through available windows, you can also use ALT SHIFT TAB, which goes to the window on the back of the stack, instead of the window that is second on the stack ;)</HTML>
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Attachments:
  • Valid attachments: zip, sxp, cfg
  • No file can be larger than 128 KB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 512 KB
  • 4 more file(s) can be attached to this message

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 11 plus 4?