Donate

Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

Current explorer window to specific location

Posted by mattfitz 
Current explorer window to specific location
August 22, 2007 04:01AM
I am very new to strokeit and can"t seem to figure this out; is there any way to create a command to send the current windows explorer window to a specific location?

EDIT: by specific location I mean a specific folder/directory.

Any help or even a link to a tutorial on how to do such things would be greatly appreciated.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2007 12:16PM by mattfitz.
Re: Current explorer window to specific location
August 22, 2007 05:42AM
Windows - Move
August 22, 2007 10:16AM
Sorry, what I meant was a specific folder like my documents, etc. I.E. I right click and drag up, and my explorer window immediately goes to my documents, or a folder of my choice.
playBunny
September 09, 2007 05:30PM
Get a program such as DirKey, which integrates with Explorer and the standard Windows Open/Save dialogs, etc. With this you can define a set of folders that you want easy access to. These are activated by hot keys, eg <Shift-Ctrl-1>. You can then have a gesture that sends the hotkey to Explorer.

DirKey from http://www.protonfx.com/dirkey

ps. thanks for the idea. I've been using DirKey via the keyboard and never thought to make a gesture for my favourite folders! ;O)

(The gesture technique hasn't worked for the Open/Save dialgue unfortunately)
September 10, 2007 10:48AM
it is very easy.

just run explorer.exe and write the folder path in the arguments box, like c:\downloads

if you want the explorer window (with the folder tree in the left, instead the my pc one) just write /e, before:

/e,c:\downloads (will open explorer windows in downloads folder)
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Attachments:
  • Valid attachments: zip, sxp, cfg
  • No file can be larger than 128 KB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 512 KB
  • 4 more file(s) can be attached to this message

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 20 plus 1?