Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

Command editor disappeared

Posted by HenryD 
HenryD
Command editor disappeared
July 12, 2013 07:11AM
I have been using strokeit for about 6 years and about a year ago the command editor stopped showing up, but that wasn't a problem because I didn't have to change anything. But now I have a new program which I want to add to strokeit, so I need to access the command editor. Installing and reinstalling doesn't work. I found this past post on fixing this bug, but I AM LOST as to how to add this code manually (see below). I have Windows 7.

One possible problem could be that one (or both) of its coordinates is a negative or an extremely high number. You might try shutting it down (or killing from task manager in case you don't have a gesture for that), add the code below to your Default actions manually, change O Reversed to anything that is definitely not defined for your desktop, start StrokeIt and trigger its action on the desktop.
Relocate [ O Reversed ] {
gesture = O Reversed
Caption = win, activate "" "StrokeIt - Command Editor" "" "300"
New Command = win, move "20" "20"
}
It should relocate the Command Editor to x=20 y=20.
Re: Command editor disappeared
July 19, 2013 07:30AM
I sometimes have problems with windows remembering negative or off-screen geometries. I use WinLister from Nirsoft to find and fix... http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/winlister.html
HenryD
Re: Command editor disappeared
July 22, 2013 11:08AM
Thanks so much... WinLister fixed it.... I finally can use StrokeIt again!!!
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 25 plus 25?