Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

StrokeIt stopped working

Posted by J 
J
StrokeIt stopped working
April 27, 2012 04:55AM
I've been using StrokeIt for a long time. In the last couple of days it stopped working. No lines are drawn when I gesture. Nothing happens at all. I've been through the options in the preferences dialog, I've re-booted, I've un-installed and re-installed. Nothing will make it work again.

Any suggestions?
Walter
Re: StrokeIt stopped working
April 30, 2012 10:22AM
I 2nd and 3rd this. Both my work machine and home machine have stopped working at the same time, different apps, different browsers.
April 30, 2012 06:23PM
Which OS/platform? Can you please give details?
J
May 01, 2012 10:58AM
XP service pack 3, Intel Core2 Quad CPU

The hardware hasn't changed. It's possible that I've installed something that's stopping StrokeIt seeing my mouse drags, but I uninstalled StrokeIt and installed StrokesPlus and that works fine.

I'd rather use StrokeIt because I had done a lot of configuration that I don't want to have to do again in StrokesPlus.
May 03, 2012 03:52AM
I'm on XP SP3 and my SI is working fine as always. Could it be due to some Windows update? Or some other programme that you both use?
J
May 09, 2012 05:18AM
It's possible that it's some other piece of software, but how would I find out what?
May 11, 2012 06:54AM
I have no idea, sorry. That's going to have to be a process of elimination. You could start with installing SI in a new User, see if that works.

And are you sure you don't have gestures disabled globally or something? You could make a back-up of your SI settings, then uninstall and put all Strokeit folders in "Documents and Settings" in the trash can. That way you should be able to eliminate any problem related to your SI settings.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 13 plus 19?