Wiki
Plugins
Translations
Developers
Donate

Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

How to draw gestures pressing a key on the keyboard? No Mouse pressure clicks!

Posted by dorian 
How to draw gestures pressing a key on the keyboard? No Mouse pressure clicks!
October 23, 2011 01:50PM
Hi,
I have a question.
- How to draw gestures (with the mouse as usual)... but... pressing a key on the keyboard not the painful Mouse buttons!

Would be nice to find a way to enable or disable this feature using a normal gesture with the normal mouse click drawing gesture.

It can be used also on the tablets, easy drawing with the pen in the air....
Thank you for any help!
Dorian
mhe
Re: How to draw gestures pressing a key on the keyboard? No Mouse pressure clicks!
October 24, 2011 02:05PM
With http://www.autohotkey.com/ you can bind any key (or combination) to act as a mouse button.

For example, this making "1" key a right mouse button.
1::rbutton
Re: How to draw gestures pressing a key on the keyboard? No Mouse pressure clicks!
October 24, 2011 03:48PM
Thank you for your reply.
1. First the keyboard key need to be pressed
2. make the gesture design with the mouse, keeping pressed the keyboard key,
3. and than finally Release the keyboard key in order to start the action to be executed.

This seems to me more complicate for keyboards understanding.
I renonnced long time to autohotkey because gives more unwanted results and now I do not know to write a code with that.

It would be possible to use only our dear Strokelt program, to have a plugin or else to start a keyboard key control?, if possible, in the same time with usual mouse gesture design if wished. One state to cancel the other...

In preferences there is an option: How to draw gestures: left, middle, right, mouse button. How about a keyboard key to ignore mouse and accept keyboard keys .......
However at this moment, more keyboard keys are used optional to ignore gestures in preferences panel...
Thank you again for your reply.
Dorian
mhe
October 27, 2011 03:20PM
Anything could be changed, but i don't think it's possible as of this moment with only strokeit.

Autohotkey would make it exactly how you wanted it though, it would only execute if you released the key, within the timeout value set in strokeit (i tried it). But i understand it might feel like an extra hassle to people, using another app to gain functionality, i always have a running autohotkey script so for me it's a no brainer.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 7 plus 17?