Contact Us

StrokeIt

Nothing at all works

Posted by Armin 
Armin
Nothing at all works
October 05, 2011 04:13PM
Hi,

I've been trying for hours to make StrokeIT work on my Windows 7 (64-bit) computer, but I'm about to give up. Not a single one of my gestures works. All I ever get when holding down the right mouse-button is the active application's context menu.

And the Learn Gestures feature doesn't do anything. No matter which button I click, nothing happens. What is the correct sequence for learning a gesture? When the icon in the systray is red, does that mean that StrokeIt is disabled? Why is there no online help file to explain all of this?

Regards,
Armin
Leo
Re: Nothing at all works
October 05, 2011 04:41PM
Hello Armin,

I made a help file and of course you can read in the wiki. I also add a [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yr1oBgaTJU]video[/url] to demonstrate it works an yes when the icon is red SI is disabled.

Left click SI icon - Edit - Preferences - General - Draw gestures by holding
- You can choose draw button

For learning mode read the above text - hold down draw button - make your sign - and look how it is recognized - now you can choose if you learn a existing gesture or make a new gesture.

Thank you

Leo
Armin
October 05, 2011 05:15PM
Hi Leo,

Thanks for your answer. The right mouse-button is configured as draw button, and StrokeIT is enabled. Still when I click through the Learning Mode dialog box, and drag with the right mouse-button, the controls do not change - nothing happens. Can you please explain, step by step, how a gesture can be learned? I can't find any help on this in the video or in the wiki.

Regards,
Armin
Leo
October 06, 2011 04:17PM
Hello Armin,

IMHO I already explain it in my post above but here is a little video.

http://megaswf.com/serve/1182397

Thanks Leo

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2011 04:18PM by Leo.
Armin
October 07, 2011 04:54AM
Thank you, I finally made StrokeIT work for me. The problem was that I had disabled the Global Actions, following a recommendation given by a Directory Opus user on that forum. I was under the impression that I could limit the functionality of StrokeIT to only a small set of applications, including Directory Opus, by disabling Global Actions. But it seems that they are required for any app to work with StrokeIT. Or maybe it's just some kind of behavior specific to my computer. Anyway, it works now and I'm enjoying your tool thoroughly!

Thanks again
Armin
Leo
October 07, 2011 11:56AM
Hello Armin,

I am glad that you finally enjoying it. To point this out I am not the developer, Jeff Doozan is the man.

Thanks Leo

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2011 11:56AM by Leo.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 25 plus 5?