Wiki
Plugins
Translations
Developers
Donate

Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

global action not working on some windows ...

Posted by petiot 
global action not working on some windows ...
July 20, 2011 05:20AM
Hi all, everything is in the title: on some windows the global action i have defined to close a windows (hotkeys ALT + F4) does not work ....
It seems that this affects all the administrative tools (e.g. services.msc, taskmanager, regedit).

Note that when I use ALT + F4von those windows, they close ok.

I must be missing something. I used the same thing on XP for ages without problem, and recently switched to win7 64 and I have this problem .

Any ideas?
Re: global action not working on some windows ...
July 20, 2011 05:56AM
Sure. Those windows are elevated, that is, SI won't be able to work on them unless it is started elevated as well. Run SI as admin if you want to use it in admin/elevated apps or other apps started as admin.

(Jeff, this anti-spam software should be disabled. It does not stop spammers to post but occasionally prevents other (non-spam) posts).
July 20, 2011 05:57AM
petiot Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi all, everything is in the title: on some
> windows the global action i have defined to close
> a windows (hotkeys ALT + F4) does not work ....
> It seems that this affects all the administrative
> tools (e.g. services.msc, taskmanager, regedit).
>
> Note that when I use ALT + F4von those windows,
> they close ok.
>
> I must be missing something. I used the same thing
> on XP for ages without problem, and recently
> switched to win7 64 and I have this problem .
>
> Any ideas?

Sure. Those windows are elevated, that is, SI won't be able to work on them unless it is started elevated as well. Run SI as admin if you want to use it in admin/elevated apps or other apps started as admin.

(Jeff, this anti-spam software should be disabled. It does not stop spammers to post but occasionally prevents other (non-spam) posts).
July 26, 2011 01:08AM
ah yes ... sorry for the noob's question. I should have guessed really. thanks for the answer guys!

Dan
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 14 plus 1?