Donate

Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

How many gestures have you performed?

Posted by eltranced 
How many gestures have you performed?
May 20, 2011 07:24PM
just remembered after snooping around in help>about strokeit there is a gesture count...

im up 12716, looks like a big number cant say for sure how many years (maybe 2.5) as i've moved it thru different systems and started fresh.
Re: How many gestures have you performed?
May 23, 2011 07:44AM
58299 :)
May 23, 2011 01:09PM
41356 on my home machine and 44212 at my workplace, both Win 7 Pro, 1.25 years old and another 3729 on an 8 month old virtual machine. All the previous ones on several real and virtual Win XP installations are history :)
May 24, 2011 06:14PM
I have 50,489 on my main computer, less on several other computers. I probably installed it about 2.5 years ago. But I've been using StrokeIt for much longer; I wish I could add all those years up! So far it seems Mkairys wins. I wonder how many Leo has.
May 27, 2011 07:17AM
> I wonder how many Leo has

Integer overflow? :)
May 28, 2011 11:50AM
And that's in around 3 months only :)
May 29, 2011 01:33PM
15635 here!
June 02, 2011 10:49AM
Mtes, you're crazy! Crazy, I say! Are you sure you're counting only StrokeIt strokes?
mhe
June 15, 2011 08:43AM
I have you guys beat by quite a bit 2 708 913
And no, im not kidding, been using strokeit since forever and i guess the counter never was reset.
June 16, 2011 08:18AM
Madness! What's your secret? Is there a special gesture that you perform so often? My most frequent gestures must be copy/paste (up/down) and back/forward (left/right in Firefox).
June 16, 2011 02:12PM
The secret? He/she must be using it for a very long time :) (on the same os).

My relationship with StrokeIt dates to somewhere around 2003. I've installed and reinstalled my OSes (XPs, Vistas and several Win7s) countless times since then, resetting the counter each time, so the sum of my gestures performed is likely well beyond 5M.

But since I started using AHK excessively in the last 5-6 months I'm not using StrokeIt as frequently anymore. To be honest, I fell back on using the mouse altogether when I switched to trackball (I had a very nasty RSI) and many strokes I created in the past are nowadays replaced by either AHK hotkeys/hotstring or AHK scripts using mouse button combinations (actually, those are still gestures :) I'm still using many of my basic StrokeIt gestures every day, of course, and they could probably never be substituted by any other means.

By the way, thanks for sharing that gem, Cerberus ;)
mhe
June 18, 2011 03:13PM
"Madness! What's your secret? Is there a special gesture that you perform so often? My most frequent gestures must be copy/paste (up/down) and back/forward (left/right in Firefox)."

Im pretty sure the most frequent gesture is minimize, close tab, change tab to the right (lbutton down), new tab, close app.
I use the simplest gestures for all of those, in my oppinion. / \ that's four different strokes that work on the first try almost every time. Also lbutton down and scroll up/down is good "gestures".
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 18 plus 24?