Donate

Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

Strokeit and Directory Opus

Posted by mclane 
Strokeit and Directory Opus
March 04, 2011 08:52AM
I'm trying to find the culprit for this odd behaviour.

I use Opus in a 2 window format and right click drag rar files to the next panel / window to extract them but sometimes this function stops working and say its a diagonal drag all that happens is the opus window minimises rather than bringing up the extract dialog.

I use Strokeit in opus for navigating back and forward in directories.

The only way to resolve this issue is to shut down opus's window (not shut Opus down) and re open it, then its back to normal until it again starts the odd behaviour.

I know Leo is a keen Opus person, any idea's?
Re: Strokeit and Directory Opus
March 04, 2011 12:26PM
Might be stupid questions but just to be sure:
OS and SI versions?
What is your time-out setting? You do wait for it, don't you?
Is it related exclusively to Opus?

I've been experiencing similar issues for a few days. My "close" gesture is "down-right" and my paste gesture is "down". There were occasions when SI pasted into the window I wanted to close. It was a bit annoying (I'm just kidding, it EXTREMELY irritating :)

Until it turned out that my mouse is worn-out and Windows senses that right mouse button is released even if it is not. It frequently happens while dragging the cursor down. Try pressing you gesture button a bit "harder" to see if it is the villain. Sometimes things are not what they seem to be :)

By the way, I'm looking for a new mouse. Any ideas? Which is your favorite?
March 05, 2011 04:29AM
Hi Gemisigo,

SI version is .9.7
OS is Win 7 X64

This problem only happens in Opus, don't know what you mean about a time out setting to be honest.

Yes I do give it time to kick in, there's a slight delay for the extract screen to come up when strokeit is enabled, I just hold the gesture a little longer until it pops up.

Ah, what you say about the mouse button happens here, I can highlight a set of files and then suddenly its starts either copying or showing their properties even tho I've not made it happen, its like the right button is creating the issue.

I checked the double click speed and it was fine so like you I must now wonder if its the mouse.

My mouse is a MS Intellipoint Explorer 2.0 (wireless), its been fine but it is a bit old now.

I'll borrow another mouse and see if the issue continues.

Cheers.
March 05, 2011 02:02PM
Time-out is the time required to cancel the action if you bring your mouse to full stop but do not release the trigger button. You can set it in Edit->Preferences in the Command editor.

Meanwhile you could test if it also happens using LMB as gesture trigger.
March 07, 2011 01:20AM
Aha, thank you, I'm going to try both of those...
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 7 plus 1?