Donate

Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

Adobe Reader X, Win7, XP, WORKS only with Disabled Protected Mode

Posted by ov2k 
Adobe Reader X, Win7, XP, WORKS only with Disabled Protected Mode
December 01, 2010 03:57PM
Is anybody else finding that the new Reader X seems to be immune to StrokeIt? It seems to affect both XP and 7. It looks like the mouse click never even reaches StrokeIt, as Reader's context menu appears at the point of gesture initiation and there is no trail painted on the screen. I've tried changing the mouse button and running as administrator, but neither seems to help.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2010 03:24PM by Leo.
Re: Adobe Reader X, Win7
December 01, 2010 06:03PM
Perhaps Reader steals the keyboard hook? You could try making sure that Strokeit is run before Reader, or the other way around - no idea whether that would work, though.
Leo
Re: Adobe Reader X, Win7
December 02, 2010 04:44AM
ov2k Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is anybody else finding that the new Reader X
> seems to be immune to StrokeIt? It seems to
> affect both XP and 7.

Confirmed with Reader X and XP

I have no solution so far sorry

Thanks

Leo
Re: Adobe Reader X, Win7, XP, SI not working
December 02, 2010 08:44AM
I find that it works with StrokeIt if you disable its Protected Mode (Edit > Preferences > General > uncheck "Enable Protected Mode at startup"). But I suppose its Protected Mode is the whole point...
September 15, 2011 10:35PM
thank you very much!!
To hell with Protected mode, glad someone found a solution to the irritating problem !

Thanks!
therefore
August 10, 2012 05:56PM
I wouldn't recommend this. PDF is the most vulnerable Windows products there is. Protected mode sandboxes Reader, helping you against malware.

I too find it irritating that StrokeIt doesn't work, but I'll suffer the extra click or two vs. making my computer more prone to infection.

Possibly, in the future, reader can "allow" specific apps such as StrokeIt into its sandbox, just as Sandboxie does. And alternative may be to put PDF into Sandboxie which allows Strokeit and then remove protected mode.
therefore
August 10, 2012 05:59PM
Let me rewrite that for clarity:

Possibly, in the future, Reader can "allow" specific apps such as StrokeIt into its sandbox, just as Sandboxie does. An alternative may be to put Reader into Sandboxie which allows Strokeit, and then remove protected mode from Reader.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 20 plus 9?