Wiki
Plugins
Translations
Developers
Donate

Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

Saving commands/gestures when upgrading.

Posted by semwriter 
Saving commands/gestures when upgrading.
November 05, 2010 01:58PM
Hello,

I have been searching the site, but can't find an answer.

My office upgraded me this afternoon from an older version of StrokeIt to 9.7. The new version doesn't have any of my customized commands. I saved the folders from my old version, and the Action folder has items dated a few days ago. But I'm not sure if copying and pasting them is the way to be able to use them again or if I need to do something differently.

Thank you.

Susie
Leo
Re: Saving commands/gestures when upgrading.
November 06, 2010 01:20PM
Hello Susie,

shutdown StrokeIt

So copy

ACTIONS
InstallDir\StrokeIt\Default\Actions\*.cfg to InstallDir\StrokeIt\Actions\*

GESTURES
InstallDir\StrokeIt\Default\Gestures \*.bin to InstallDir\StrokeIt\Gestures\*

If you did not change path in Edit - Preferences - Files All done

start StrokeIt

if it is not working as before read [url=http://www.tcbmi.com/strokeit/forum/read.php?2,54768]this[/url] one as well.

Greetings

Leo
November 08, 2010 05:11PM
Leo,

Thanks so much. That did the trick.

Susie
December 14, 2011 01:49PM
Hi Leo, or anyone else who can help me, I really need some help. I have two licenses and love my StrokeIt, but I had a laptop meltdown and can't get my gestures back. I tried these instructions, copying the Gestures and Actions folders from my backup AppData and pasting them into the Gestures and Actions folders in the default folder in the newly installed StrokeIt. The "old" Actions file and the ones in the "new" program now look the same, but when I open StrokeIt, it's still the basic default apps and actions without any of the programs I configured. I tried rebooting... The second link about creating an ini file I don't understand... Can you give me some advice, please? I need my StrokeIt... and it would take a long time to recreate all my actions. Many thanks.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2011 01:51PM by melindabb.
December 14, 2011 01:57PM
It's me again. I just figured out that I had to paste the Actions and Gestures folders into the StrokeIt folder in my AppData folder, not in the program itself. I think I'm back in biz!!
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 3 plus 1?