Wiki
Plugins
Translations
Developers
Donate

Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

Can't identify java application (class, title or filename)

Posted by necvi0 
Can't identify java application (class, title or filename)
October 24, 2010 10:27AM
I can't find how to identify a java application in order to be able to use StrokeIt with it.
The application I'd like to use with SI is vue (http://vue.tufts.edu/). This app works with a java launcher.
What can I do??
Re: Can't identify java application (class, title or filename)
October 25, 2010 08:50AM
Okay, I installed this VUE thing and had no problem setting it up in StrokeIt. Did you try the Finder Tool on the Add Application dialog? It gave me VUE-launcher.exe for file name, which worked, and SunAwtFrame as Window Class, which also worked (but which might be used by other apps). Finally I tried Window Title, using VUE* and checking "Match text as pattern", and this also worked.
October 25, 2010 02:43PM
Err... Is it me or what ?
I've done everything you said and it still doesn't work.
I've tried it on two computers, with two different versions of Java... (I'm using windows XP SP3 - a French version).
The finder tool works alright, its finds the class, file name and window title, but then when I'm actually trying to use StrokeIt for a command, for instance Control N, nothing happens.
Any idea ?
October 25, 2010 03:42PM
Is the gesture set to command? Just selecting it does not set it. You have to click the "Add gesture" button.
October 26, 2010 03:17AM
OK I found a way to make it work.
I think it was a conflict with an another application like freemind.

They have the same SunAwtFrame as Window Class.

I have exported all my preferences, used the Finder Tool and imported my preferences again.

And now it's working.

Thank you for answering anyway.

Hope this post might help other people having the same problem.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 23 plus 3?