Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

Gesture customization

Posted by poserpro 
Gesture customization
October 14, 2010 08:45PM
Greetings,
I know that the Gesture has to be a continuous stroke, so A is ^, can we use 2 strokes or 3 ? such as H has 3 strokes.

Furthermore, Strokeit reads the Gesture so fast, can we extend the reading/inputting time for at least 1 second ?

Somehow Strokeit would simply confuse with my mouse Gestures, and I try to apply the default Gestures and custom some of my own. for example T looks like Up-Left, So I will have to teach Strokeit more of my own Gestures. The question is, the more I add, the easier I got confused with my own Gestures too :P

Fyi, I don't actually use a mouse or a touch pad on laptop, but a tablet pen @ http://www.i-rocks.com/Product_detail.aspx?CLASS_ID=1063&PRODUCT_ID=1226
Which works fine to me.

Later
-pop

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2010 12:26AM by poserpro.
Re: Gesture customization
October 15, 2010 02:30AM
poserpro Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Greetings,
> I know that the Gesture has to be a continuous
> stroke, so A is ^, can we use 2 strokes or 3 ?
> such as H has 3 strokes.
Yes, gestures have to be continuous. 'H' is not drawn by 3 strokes but with a single on like small written 'h'.

> Furthermore, Strokeit reads the Gesture so fast,
> can we extend the reading/inputting time for at
> least 1 second ?
I'm not quite sure what do you mean by 'reading/inputting time' but gesture timeout can be set in Preferences (CTRL+P in Command editor), General tab.

> Somehow Strokeit would simply confuse with my
> mouse Gestures, and I try to apply the default
> Gestures and custom some of my own. for example T
> looks like Up-Left, So I will have to teach
> Strokeit more of my own Gestures. The question is,
> the more I add, the easier I got confused with my
> own Gestures too :P
If you take a look at the file STROKES.BIN (it is in Gestures folder), which is actually a text/binary hybrid, you can see, that some of the gestures are aliases to each other, eg. 'V' is an alias to 'U', 'T' is an alias to 'Right-Down' That means that every time you assign gesture 'T' to a command, it will accept 'Right-Down' as triggering gesture and vice versa. You can remove the alias entry from the STROKES.BIN, and teach StrokeIt gesture 'T' to your customized one (perhaps draw right, then left to halfway and then down, or whatever you like).

> Fyi, I don't actually use a mouse or a touch pad
> on laptop, but a tablet pen @
This should not make any difference (except maybe for lacking some buttons).
Re: Gesture customization
October 15, 2010 04:14AM
Greetings,
Thanks for you reply. I need to learn more about Strokeit :)
Cheers

-poserpro
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 25 plus 16?