Donate

Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

"Flick Windows between multiple monitor

Posted by Alaska Geek 
"Flick Windows between multiple monitor
August 06, 2010 07:24PM
I have just found this program and think it has a lot of potential. What i want to be able to do is to move an open window from one screen to the other in my dual screen setup with a flick of my mouse. If I right click and gesture right, I want the window to go the my right screen, If I right click and gesture left, I want the window to go on my left screen.

I have spent several hours working with the strokeit program and searching the forums, but just can's seem to make it happen. What am I doing wrong?

I am running Win 7 Ultimate 64bit.

I have tried making a new action under the "window desktop" program, assigning the "right" gesture to it, and then setting the keystrokes command to [WIN_DOWN][SHIFT_DOWN]
[SHIFT-UP][WIN_UP]

this doesn't seem to work. Do you have to activate the command somehow? I also noticed that when I made the gesture, in an Explorer window I went forward or back the file structue, so I removed that gesture from under the Explorer program.

I am really excited about this program and if I can figure out the "home" version, will definatly upgrade to the Pro. Can see lots of uses for this at both home and work. Please help me.
Re: "Flick Windows between multiple monitor
August 06, 2010 10:58PM
I don't have multiple monitors or Win7 so I can't test, but just a few small things before I go to bed:

1. In your command, I see a dash where you should have an underscore: [SHIFT_UP] - though this probably wasn't the problem.

2. Are you sure you have the right gesture not only selected but also added to your action? I sometimes forget to press "add gesture" after selecting it.

3. You could add an On Screen Display (a command) to your action that says "test"; then you can see whether the problem is that the action never gets triggered, or that the command doesn't do what it is supposed to do.

4. Do you have this action set under Global? It should be.

5. Are you sure the application-specific "right" gesture of another application's settings in StrokeIt isn't stealing the gesture, just as Explorer was stealing it before? (You can see by adding the OSD.)

6. Have you tested whether pressing win+shift+right on your keyboard actually works?

7. Perhaps you could try adding this command as a hotkey instead of as keystrokes; who knows, it might change things somehow.

8. Same for trying LWIN instead of WIN - who knows.

9. You could export your gestures and actions, put them on the internet, and have us look at them some time. I'm not sure I'll have time this weekend, though.
Re: "Flick Windows between multiple monitor
August 07, 2010 12:58PM
Most of the users use left/right for back/forward and undo/redo, so I would not recommend using right for that purpose but that's your personal choice, of course. I prefer left-right|right-left|C|U|Y for window positioning on my primary display and down-left-cross|down-right-cross on my secondary.

If you can wait, I'll take a look at it next Tuesday. I use two displays at my workplace but I have to travel abroad on Monday.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 11 plus 14?