Contact Us

StrokeIt

Strokeit command line arguments

Posted by toyo 
toyo
Strokeit command line arguments
July 02, 2010 04:41PM
Hello,

Anyone know the argument for showing the systray icon? I made a task in Win 7 x64 to launch Strokeit at login, but it's without the all important icon. I tried /t but nothing.
For the curious, I need to launch Stroneit with raised privileges to use it in windows launched as admin, like CCleaner... or everything else that requests a Yes/No from UAC.

Thaank you!
Re: Strokeit command line arguments
July 02, 2010 05:57PM
That's strange. That's exactly the way I start StrokeIt in admin mode but without the systray icon missing (though I set a 30 sec delay). It's true that the icon appears well beyond the 30 sec but I think that's because there are several other applications starting at the same point. Is StrokeIt working properly besides the missing icon?
July 02, 2010 06:23PM
Hello again,

It's me, the original poster... I made an account.

There's no icon appearing at all, ever - StrokeIt is working just fine as far as I can tell, although there's another annoyance with starting an app, let's say Opera, with a gesture, this will cause the back/forward buttons on my Logitech MX1100 to stop working in the gesture-started app (I'll post this as a bug thread).

I'll try the delayed trick and come back with a edit.

Later edit: I added a symbolic 10 secs delay... and it worked, the icon shows up in systray. Pretty amazing stuff. For another application, procexp, I solved this by adding the /t argument.

So, thank you very much for the interesting resolution :)

If someone know the command line arguments for StrokeIt, I'd like to know those, too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2010 06:41PM by t0yz.
July 03, 2010 05:37AM
You're welcome :)
I don't know if there are any command line arguments existing since the icon should appear normally.
I'll take a look at your other post. As for Process Explorer, I replaced the original task manager with it but I do not auto-start it. May I ask what's your reason to it?
July 03, 2010 09:46AM
I always started Procexp... it's even set to always show the icon&notifications in Win 7. I kinda monitor the system load, so I know with a mouse-over what process hangs the system. I learned a lot through procexp about how my system works, and it proved useful from time to time. I also kill some processes that don't behave from it. Everest (with OSD) is also autostarting, so I can see the temps and stuff... to many it's obviously overkill, and I'm doing my best to have a quick, streamlined startup, but some things I decided I just need every time.
July 03, 2010 10:28AM
I see. Process Explorer, while very useful in monitoring the system, is a bit greedy. It has a very high context switch delta so I rather keep it not running except when it is needed, eg. killing a process, or determining which one is stuck/frozen.
If you are so eager to keep your processes at bay you might want to take a look at Process Lasso (in case you haven't done so yet). Another interesting application for monitoring and managing processes.
July 03, 2010 11:06AM
I saw this name on the web many times, but didn't get to use it yet. I'll give it a try.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 1 plus 15?