Donate

Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

Stroke and Vista command prompt problem

Posted by amit 
Stroke and Vista command prompt problem
June 29, 2010 12:44PM
I have a strange problem. I use strokeit on Vista at home and work. Strokeit works perfectly with my command prompt at my work computer. I am able to do all gestures and get them to work as I want.

However, using the same config file at my home computer, I am not able to get strokeit to work with the command prompt. The gestures do not get recognized.

I have checked everything that comes to mind, including making sure the console class is not in disabled apps. All my settings are the same, with a few extra apps/gestures at home.

The only difference is that I am using Vista enterprise at work and Home edition at home.

has anyone else been able to get it to work with the command prompt?
Re: Stroke and Vista command prompt problem
June 29, 2010 02:52PM
Check that you are not running the command in admin mode! If you are, you have to run StrokeIt in admin mode too.
June 30, 2010 12:14AM
As far as I recall, it was not admin mode. I will get back after I test at home.

EDIT: Ok, I checked. It is not running in admin mode. I did both admin and 'normal' modes and no success in either.

Anyone else has been able to get strokeit to work with command prompt in Vista?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2010 12:54PM by amit.
July 01, 2010 01:42AM
I don't run Vista anymore so I cannot check but I don't remember having such problems and I certainly don't have them in Win 7.
Are you sure the gestures do not get recognized? Or maybe just some specific commands/actions do not work? Have you tried assigning an On Screen Display to a gesture? If not yet, please, do so to see if the gestures are really not captured.
August 01, 2010 09:02AM
I tried what you suggested. The gestures are simply not being recognized. The right button give me a menu (mark, copy, paste, etc) and I don't see any blue line.
August 01, 2010 10:48AM
I see. Check the application identifier. It might not be set.
September 21, 2010 01:46PM
Everything suggested here has been tried. The only reason I can think of is that one is Vista professional and the other is Vista Home.
September 28, 2010 07:58AM
I seem to remember having a similar issue very long ago, with some version of XP - I am not sure, though. Perhaps the command prompt stole the mouse hook or something. In my current XP Pro 32, StrokeIt works, but hotkeys do not get recognized in command prompt: "Paste" simply makes StrokeIt type "^V" in de command prompt, no pasting.
April 01, 2011 01:24PM
ok the problem was that UAC was turned off in the office computer and so it worked nicely. Now I have windows 7 at home and Strokeit works seamlessly with the command prompt.. I guess UAC has been mellowed out in Win 7.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 6 plus 13?