Donate

Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

HotkeyIt

Posted by Prontest 
HotkeyIt
May 21, 2010 03:32AM
Is there a software like StrokeIT but the keyboard instead of mouse?
So that I can assign an action to each button depending on which window is active?
Re: HotkeyIt
May 24, 2010 05:04PM
I use Autohotkey for that, it is freeware. It is very easy to program, and its help file explains it very well, with many examples. See for example this piece of code:

^!+a::
#IfWinActive ahk_class MozillaUIWindowClass
Click 950, 43
SendInput {Tab}{Tab}{Tab}{Tab}{Tab}{Home}
#IfWinActive
return
If alt-control-A is pressed, Autohotkey checks whether Firefox (Mozilla) is the active window; if it is, a mouseclick is carried out at position 950, 43; then the keys Tab, Tab etc. are pressed. The last two lines tell AHK that this action is finished. You can just copy and paste this code into a text file, then save it as "whatever.ahk". If you have AHK installed, you can double click "whatever.ahk" to make the script active (or you can have Windows load it on start-up): if this script is active, every time you press control-alt-A, it gets triggered etc. This is just an example of the countless things AHK can do. There are many ready-made scripts available around the internet and on the AHK forum.
June 04, 2010 08:06AM
@Cerberus :thumbsup:

you won't believe how powerful the combo of AHK + StrokeIT is !!!

... mostly i assign hotkeys directly in StrokeIT,
but sometimes for certain reasons I assign the AHK key bindings instead to StrokeIT
and have the best of both worlds :)
June 25, 2010 06:35AM
I know! The power of these two babies combined is just huge. Best two programs ever! Along with FF and maybe Windows *hides*.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 2 plus 8?