Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

Voice recognition macros / automation?

Posted by Allen 
Allen
Voice recognition macros / automation?
March 29, 2010 05:51PM
Anyone know if there is a great macros/automation program like StrokeIt but uses voice recognition to trigger the macros? Or is there a plugin for StrokeIt that adds voice recognition?

BTW: I prefer it to have the ability to add custom sounds to the macros.
Re: Voice recognition macros / automation?
March 30, 2010 02:01AM
Opera had (has?) something similar but you could only control the browser itself. I was experimenting with such things a few years ago but found it a bit cumbersome. I could control the machine with keyboard and mouse a much faster way that time. Still, I will give it another shot and share if I find anything worth trying.

Win7 has built-in speech recognition for some regular functions. Though I doubt you could set up macros with it, it is capable of controlling many different things.

BTW, what do you mean by adding custom sounds? Whistle/clapping/dog barking? Generally, voice recognition is about recognizing human speech and translate it into text (or interpreting it as command in this case).

You could also try Dragon : http://www.nuance.com/naturallyspeaking

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2010 02:03AM by gemisigo.
Allen
March 30, 2010 04:58AM
i mean add custom sounds into the macro playback. like strokeit can.

i want to be able to run macros by voice commands like a remote control when i'm not next to the keyboard/mouse.
DaleH
May 13, 2010 01:05PM
Check out Vocola at vocola.net

It is very cool and capable of all you want. It works on top of Dragon Naturally Speaking ($$$) or on top of Windows Speech Recognition (free in Vista and Windows 7).

Dale
May 17, 2010 06:58AM
Windows Speech Recognition has a macro capability which I have used with success:
http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/wsrmacros
Allen
June 07, 2010 10:19AM
too bad Windows Speech Recognition doesn't work in Windows 7...
June 09, 2010 06:05AM
Huh? Works for me...
Allen
June 16, 2010 02:13PM
i just assumed WSRM doesn't work for win7 because it only says vista. so does it work 100% on win7 or are there any compatibility problems?

btw: for WSRM, does it have a play sound macro feature? so that when you say a command it plays a specified sound?
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 10 plus 11?