Donate

Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

On screen display help please..

Posted by mclane 
On screen display help please..
February 02, 2010 09:58AM
I have a keyboard action that thanks to Leo telling me about Girder allows me to control an emulator. It's one of those commands that done once it turns the item on then if the same action is done again cancels it.

What I wanted to do is use the on screen display to flash up the status of that action ie off or on. I can't see a way to do this myself, if i chain the command OSD on I will obviously get the same message every time...

Any idea's please?
Leo
Re: On screen display help please..
February 02, 2010 01:21PM
duck buy the Pro version of StrokeIt
Re: On screen display help please..
March 15, 2010 06:36PM
I know you can do this with AutoHotKey, a freeware program that lets you control Windows or basically anything; it has the simplest programming language I've ever seen (the only one I can write in so far) and it is freeware.

All AHK needs is a way to detect whether this emulator of yours is on or off; I have no idea how this emulator works, but with a bit of puzzling AHK will surely be able to detect it. Even if that were impossible, you could just have AHK use a switch that is toggled every time this shortcut is executed.

The AHK code might look like this:
~k::
;-----(here goes some line that detects the "state" of your emulator")
Msgbox, Emulator is now %state%.
return
If you press k (you can change it into any other key combination), AHK will look whether state is on or off, and display the state in a message box. Key press k is still sent to your emulator: AHK won't intercept it (though it could if you wanted it to).
You'd want it to display the state differently (not in a message box), of course, but this is just an example. I can't produce anything more specific without knowing how this emulator shows its state. If it is shown in a visible screen, AHK can very simply get the state by looking at the pixel colour.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 22 plus 12?