Wiki
Plugins
Translations
Developers
Donate

Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

How can you start minimised from the command line, please?

Posted by hotmatrixx 
I have converted this to autostart from a portable flash drive upon insertion into any windows PC (Yes, including Win7 with the new autorun disabled features it has.)

However. It pops up every time I start it...

I cannot seem to find any documentation that shows the command line paramaters - are there any?

Please and Thank you?

Cheers.

PS: I LOVE THIS PROGRAM. GENIUS.
Re: How can you start minimised from the command line, please?
January 07, 2010 07:16AM
By "it" you mean the Strokeit editor? This window comes up if you execute strokeit.exe when it is already running. Otherwise the first execution of strokeit.exe should not cause any window to appear.
Re: How can you start minimised from the command line, please?
January 21, 2010 06:12PM
I can't replicate your problem either -- it just sits in the tray when run from Explorer.

It's not in fact possible to start StrokeIt minimised as the window isn't minimisable. The window just opens as normal.

For reference, start minimised can be invoked as follows, for programs whose initial window can be minimised:

start "any old rubbish" /min some_program.exe

The first argument, window title, appears to be mandatory but useless here. (It's not required but, if omitted, opens a command window whose title is the program you were trying to run ;-)

Type start /? at the command prompt for full details on this gnarly and particularly obstinate command.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 18 plus 15?