Donate

Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

Windows 7 UAC

Posted by 62nvon 
Windows 7 UAC
November 21, 2009 08:37AM
I just reformatted my laptop and installed Windows 7. I have installed StrokeIt, but everytime I run it, i have to answer the UAC prompt. How can I bypass that?

Thanks!
Christie
Re: Windows 7 UAC
November 23, 2009 03:01AM
You must have turned on "Run this program as an administrator" in Properties->Compatibility->Privilege level

1. Turn off UAC. Clearly NOT recommended.
2. Turn off "Run this program as an administrator". This way you get rid of that UAC prompt but you won't be able to use gestures in applications that require administrator access (e.g. elevation).
3. (my choice is to) bear that little inconvenience. Running StrokeIt is a one-time/system-start action. Does not take too much time.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2009 04:51AM by gemisigo.
Re: Windows 7 UAC
November 27, 2009 03:53PM
I would love to get this fixed, but I can't reproduce this on my Win7 test system.

I've got a clean install of Win7 x64 with whatever the default UAC settings are plus the latest StrokeIt .9.7 beta and I don't get any UAC prompts when the app starts.

Is there a specific UAC setting that you've changed that might be causing the problem?

Are you running StrokeIt from the default installation location?

-- Jeff
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 2 plus 14?