Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

Space keyboard bug fixed in 0.9.7 RC?

Posted by Allen 
Allen
Space keyboard bug fixed in 0.9.7 RC?
October 31, 2009 01:36PM
Anyone know if the space keyboard bug is fixed in 0.9.7 RC? I really want to know before I install the new version.

More info on the problem...
http://www.tcbmi.com/strokeit/forum/read.php?3,54070,page=2
Re: Space keyboard bug fixed in 0.9.7 RC?
October 31, 2009 02:09PM
You can install the new version, space can be used both ways (' '/[SPACE]).
Allen
November 01, 2009 02:18AM
i just installed the new version 0.9.7 RC 11-1 and its still a problem. its still removing my commands after the ' ' space. can it be fixed?
November 01, 2009 10:04AM
Well, then something is obviously not done correctly by you since it does work with ' ' type spaces. I'm sure of that, I tried. Try removing the application completely (backup your actions first, of course), reinstall it afterwards and restore the actions.

By the way, the personal version (unlike the enhanced edition I'm using under Windows 7) does invert the picture under the line it draws.
Allen
November 01, 2009 01:27PM
It seems that the ' ' space saves OK if made using 0.9.7. But it's still a problem if my settings are added from 0.9.6. I did shutdown StrokeIt before adding. Any ideas?
Allen
November 01, 2009 01:33PM
the problem seems to be caused by 0.9.7 adding quotes " " before and after the keystrokes in the .cfg files. but my 0.9.6 settings dont have quotes around the keystrokes. so therefore 0.9.7 still cuts off my 0.9.6 settings. can it be fixed so that 0.9.7 updates my 0.9.6 settings correctly?
November 01, 2009 03:52PM
I have no remnant cfg files from earlier versions so I cannot check if there were any quotes around the string or not. But just to be sure. You say that 0.9.6 looks like this?

_Test [ N rev ] {
gesture = N Reversed
New Command = keys, keys surrounded[SPACE]by[SPACE]no[SPACE]quotes
}

and 0.9.7 looks like this?
_Test [ N rev ] {
gesture = N Reversed
New Command = keys, keys "surrounded by[SPACE]quotes"
}

In this case you can convert your older scripts with a single find-replace (in any regular expressions capable text editor) using the following settings

search for :
^(\s*New Command = keys, keys )(.*)$

replace with:
\1"\2"

This will surround your unquoted strings with quotation marks.
Allen
November 01, 2009 03:55PM
it would be a lot easier if that updating was built into 0.9.7. i have tons of scattered macros to go through.

but what is a good expressions capable text editor you recommend?
November 01, 2009 04:11PM
Yes, it would be much easier that way but currently it does not. Maybe Jeff will implement that into final release, this last one is a RC only.

Notepad++ is my choice for doing small fixes of this kind. Occasionally I write a lua script and let it settle things with three strokes: one to copy and run the lua script using the clipboard, one to paste and the last one to save.

If your some of your commands already contain quotation marks, you should use the followings instead of that I previously wrote:

search for:
^(\s*New Command = keys, keys )(.*)(")(.*)(")(.*)$

replace with:
\1"\2\\3\4\\5\6"

Please note, that the regexp above are valid for older settings only, it will ruin your 0.9.7 commands, so be careful!!!

EDIT:

I modified the regexp, this one should not change you 0.9.7 commands:
search for:
^(\s*New Command = keys, keys )([^"])(.*)("*)(.*)("*)(.*)([^"])$
replace with:
\1"\2\3\\4\5\\6\7\8"

EDIT2 :)
Well, in some special cases this does not do what I intended. It seems that if you have quotation marks inside a string, you must do that in two steps...
^(\s*New Command = keys, keys )([^"])(.*)([^"])$
\1"\2\3"
^(\s*New Command = keys, keys )(".*)([^\\])"(.*)([^\\])"(.*")$
\1\2\3\"\4\5\"\6

And even this will fail if there are more than a pair of quotation marks in the string.

I'll try to improve it but I don't think I'll find a perfect solution...

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2009 04:50PM by gemisigo.
November 12, 2009 04:53PM
Nice regexps.

This should be fixed in the latest build. It should read "old" and "new" style parameters just fine.

-- Jeff
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 10 plus 21?