Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

Windows 7: Win+Left vs. Win+Shift+Left

Posted by luma 
luma
Windows 7: Win+Left vs. Win+Shift+Left
October 22, 2009 10:56PM
In testing .96 and .97 beta (personal edition), I've found that I'm unable to get Strokeit to issue a "Win+Shift+Left" or "Win+Shift+Right" command. These are the new hotkeys in Win7 to switch the active application to the left/right monitor for multi-monitor configurations. Instead, the OS recognizes the command as Win+Left or Win+Right, which is the new Aero Snap shortcut.

Learning the hotkey in the setup works as expected (ie, it shows WIN + SHIFT + LEFT), but when executing the selected gesture Windows responds with a Aero Snap Left (which is Win+Left).

It appears that the order of the hotkey press matters. If I press Win+Shift+Left, in that order, it behaves as expected. If I instead press Win+Left+<anything>, the Aero Snap command executes as soon as I hit "left", not leaving room for the next key.
Re: Windows 7: Win+Left vs. Win+Shift+Left
October 23, 2009 02:43AM
If you need to send keys in a specific order, don't use the 'hotkey' option, just use the send keys:

[WIN_DOWN][SHIFT_DOWN]
[SHIFT_UP][WIN_UP]
luma
October 23, 2009 06:52AM
Didn't know about that option! Thanks for the prompt reply. Unfortunately, it still behaves in exactly the same way. This is Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit. When using the string you provided "[WIN_DOWN][SHIFT_DOWN]
[SHIFT_UP][WIN_UP] " and executing the gesture it still executes the Aero Snap left sequence (Win+Left). Entering the keystroke manually on the keyboard works as expected.

However, it appears that I really hadn't been digging to deep into Strokeit, as you have already provided a native next/previous monitor function. When using that, I don't need the above mentioned shortcut anyway!
November 08, 2009 08:42AM
woah, now this.. is awesome
it even has a toggle to take teh cursor along for the multimonitor ride!

this program is epic.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 20 plus 2?