Donate

Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

Help with a key stroke please.

Posted by Anthony A 
Help with a key stroke please.
October 22, 2009 06:56PM
Today on Life Hacker they explain how to use a key stroke combo to create a duplicate tab in Google Chrome. I am trying to set this up in Stroke It so I can use a mouse gesture to duplicate a tab in Chrome. I can't get it to work. I keep getting error messages about a key not being recognized.

The key strokes are press "alt" and hold it down. Than press and release "d". Than press and release "enter". The "alt" + "d" combo high lights the address bar with the address of the current tab. The "alt" + "enter" combo opens a new tab with the address. You do not have to release "alt" at all during this key combo.

What is the proper way to enter this in Stroke it? I have tried several different ways and I can't get it to work. Pressing the key combo works perfectly every time though so I am sure Stroke It can do it if the keys strokes are entered properly.
Re: Help with a key stroke please.
October 23, 2009 02:41AM
[ALT_DOWN]d[ENTER][ALT_UP]
October 23, 2009 09:54AM
Thank You that worked perfectly.

Does it matter if you use upper or lower case? You have "d" lower case and the other key strokes in upper case. What is the reasoning behind that?
Jerry
October 30, 2009 01:50AM
From my limited experience it DOES make a difference. For instance, when I tried to define some gestures for my shortcuts for one of the applications (pairs of capital letters like: AA, QK, MK, etc.) they didn't work untill I changed them to all mall letters (e/g/ aa, qk, mk, etc.)
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 10 plus 22?