jeff Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> + Fixed identify by filename on WinXP

Yes, it works on my xp now.
Thanks.

jeff Wrote:
> + Better saving when running in portable mode

It still have problem when I chang the plugins load/unload state,it can not save the change.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2009 01:19AM by DemoJameson.
aseioteur
Re: Help test upcoming release!
May 10, 2009 08:52AM
Great!
it's working now!
thank you
pooyan
May 12, 2009 11:52PM
Oh,the great man and the great tool is back, thanks !

StrokeIt_0.9.6-preview-090509.exe------It can't read the setting of "Always prompt me to learn unrecognized commands" form strokeit.ini.
May 15, 2009 10:23AM
StrokeIt_0.9.6-preview-140509.exe

When I do a Strokeit uninstall and then reinstall to test the latest version, mhook.dll is deleted but not added back. The last two installers do not contain a mhook.dll file, I have a backup copy from 07/05/09. I always do a reboot after the install.

(Command Prompt Window Class finder) - problems

When I try to create a "New Application" for the Command Prompt window, the "Window Class" finder is able to recognize the "Command Prompt" window, but the gestures do not draw or operate in that window. Similarly, for the "Window Title" and the "File Name". The "Global Action", "minimize" and "close" actions have no effect on the "Command Prompt" window, but the "Windows Desktop" action "minimize all" and "restore all" actions work on all windows including the "Command Prompt" window. I am able to create and operate a "New Application" using other installed programs (to test this functionality).

Previously, I was able to successfully, create a "New Application" using "Windows Class" for the Command Prompt, with the standalone executable version of Strokeit dated 23/04/09 on Windows XP-PRO-SP3, on the same hardware (multi boot several operating systems).

The OS is Vista32 Business, hardware is a mid level Intel Core 2 Duo, with 4 GB certified memory and a mid level Nvidia card, on a single monitor.
Carrozza
Cannot download
May 16, 2009 04:15AM
I'm not able to download 140509 installer. When I click the link on the first post I go redirected to the main TCBMI download page with Stroke-it 0.95 version only.
Carrozza
Solved: cannot download
May 17, 2009 04:21AM
OK, problem solved with new 150509 installer.
Thanks!
Metina
May 19, 2009 03:06AM
Wheel Up/Down still doesn't work properly in "Windows Desktop"
isn't there any situation ?

nor Vista, neither XP
May 19, 2009 07:21AM
I confirm that it does not work in Vista. I created an action with three gestures, MBUTTON_UP, WHEEL_UP, and WHEEL_DOWN:

<APP name="Windows Desktop">
class=Progman
New Action {
gesture = WHEEL_UP
gesture = MBUTTON_DOWN
gesture = WHEEL_DOWN
New Command = utilities, PlaySound "D:\\Users\\Michael\\Data\\Media\\Sounds\\beep.wav"
}
</APP>

The mbutton gesture works but neither of the wheel ones does. I get the Explorer context menu.

I put the same action in an app, Outlook, and again mbutton worked but neither wheel gesture. I got the Outlook context menu and scrolling in the window, so it seems the two events, right-button and wheel, were being considered independently.
May 19, 2009 07:59AM
For those having trouble with the wheel up/down gestures, what type of mouse are you using and have you installed any of the software or drivers that came with that mouse?
May 20, 2009 07:32AM
Microsoft Wireless Intellimouse Explorer 2.0 with IntelliPoint 6.2
May 21, 2009 08:48AM
I'm having trouble reproducing the mouse wheel problems. Can someone experiencing them try two things:

1) Hold down right-click and continually move the mouse wheel in one direction - does the StrokeIt icon turn blue?

2) Uninstall IntelliPoint and restart StrokeIt. Does the mouse wheel work now?

Also, what OS are you using?

Thanks,

Jeff

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2009 08:51AM by jeff.
Allen
May 21, 2009 07:43PM
hi jeff, can you improve the "activate window" function in strokeit? i have my WinXP set to not allow other windows to steal focus. but i have set strokeit to activate some windows after launching a program with strokeit. however this doesnt work, even if i set a delay on the function.
May 22, 2009 02:42AM
Hi!

I do not use IntelliPoint, still the wheel is a bit awkward. I set some globals like volume to wheel and the wheel behaves funny. In some application it works as it should, while in others it does not and again in some others the wheel down is normal but wheel up does not do anything. There is an On Screen Display at the start of each action to see if it's Windows Post Message the culprit but it is not.

Another annoying thing. I use a file manager that opens a default lister when I double (left) click on a clear area of the desktop. Now StrokeIt interferes with that, double clicking on the desktop now does nothing or at least it does not function as it should. It seems that StrokeIt catches left click for some unknown reason since my gestures trigger on a right click. .9.5 was not so "greedy" on the left clicks.

By the way, op is Vista Business 64bit

Update: sometimes the double click does work. Unstable.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2009 04:58AM by gemisigo.
May 22, 2009 07:08AM
> 1) Hold down right-click and continually move the
> mouse wheel in one direction - does the StrokeIt
> icon turn blue?

No.

> 2) Uninstall IntelliPoint and restart StrokeIt.
> Does the mouse wheel work now?

No.

> Also, what OS are you using?

Vista Ultimate 32bit
metinan
May 23, 2009 04:54AM
jeff Wrote:
> For those having trouble with the wheel up/down
> gestures, what type of mouse are you using and
> have you installed any of the software or drivers
> that came with that mouse?

Here my mouse, quite quality

MICROSOFT BX3-00021 WRL MINI NOTEBK OPTÄ°K MOUSE

http://www.unbeatable.co.uk/product/Microsoft-BX3-00021/29043875.html
metinan
May 23, 2009 05:00AM
jeff Wrote:
> I'm having trouble reproducing the mouse wheel
> problems. Can someone experiencing them try two
> things:
>
> icon turn blue?
>
>
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jeff

> icon turn blue?
*****YES*****

*****HID-compliant mouse*****

***** Vista Home Basic Eng, 32bit***
*****XP Pro English, 32 bit****
neither of OS Wheel work in "Windows Desktop"

Thanks.... Regards...
wl
May 23, 2009 09:44AM
Word2007 not like to use.
wl
May 23, 2009 09:48AM
wl Wrote:
> Word2007 not like to use.
In Windows7
metinan
May 23, 2009 03:06PM
Hi again,

Wheel up/down doesn't work in "Windws Desktop"
i think it's because of focus problem

When we left click on "windows desktop"
wheell up/down is working very well !!!!

perhaps this shows the solution

Regards
wl
May 24, 2009 03:22AM
wl Wrote:
> wl Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Word2007 not like to use.
> In Windows7

In the test on another computer, then can be used.
Did not seem to have completely uninstall the old version of the reasons for.
I would like to ask how to completely uninstall strokeit?
gardengnome
May 28, 2009 10:43AM
Wheelgestures do not work on my Vista (x86) installation. Neither with standard drivers nor with the logitech driver package. There is no effect on the Strokeit icon.
Also strokeit crashes rather frequently in the past few days but I couldnt figure out what the reason is.

Nevertheless this is a great piece of software which makes control of a system much easier. I would greatly appreciate an updated and fixed release.
May 28, 2009 07:26PM
I'm still completely unable to recreate any issues with the mouse wheel.

I've tested clean installations of WinXP 32, WinXP 64, Vista 32, Vista 64, and Win 7 64 with no additional drivers or mouse software installed. I'm starting to think this may be related to other applications interfering with the mouse hooks.

Who is experiencing 100% lack of response with the mouse wheel in every window and every application? What additional software or drivers do you have? What OS/architecture/language are you running?

Thanks,

Jeff
gardengnome
May 31, 2009 10:34AM
Yeah. I did some research and found something.
I'm using some software called Ac'tivAid. It makes lots of convenient additions to the windows user interface. One of the scripts (called MouseWheel) allows you to scroll through unfocused windows simply by hoovering above it with the mousepointer. This is a great little feature which obviously interferes with strokeit. Disabling it makes the strokeit icon flash in blue - which is good. But still the command Windows - Next/Prev Window doesnt do anything. Other commands do work as a matter of fact. (Vista 32bit, german)

Though the website is in german, you may want to check it out:
http://www.heise.de/ct/Windows-weitergedacht-ac-tivAid--/projekte/133818
As far as I remember the program itself can be installed in english either by selecting it manually or by an automatic detection...

Also it seems like the Mozilla Thunderbird is responsible for my crash issues. Using mouse gestures there results in a high risk of a crash, whereas there aint any problems in other apps.
jthosoda
Re: Helping test upcoming release!
May 31, 2009 08:15PM
iam running on win7 build 7137 x64, so far, its perfect, even imported gestures from older version that i was using on xp, 0.9.5 ran on my win7, but line draw was slow as hell, now its fine, even with aero theme turned on.
upbot
June 02, 2009 10:03AM
From XP, StrokeIt is my favorite tool, but..
when I upgrated to Vista, I must to change to other utility (gMote) to replace it.

Now, I have tested the new version of Stroket It ...It's great!.

Comparing booth gMote vs StrokeIt, StroketIt is much better:
faster response, more precision, more stable, advanced options, etc.

I'm using StroketIt.9.6b on Vista 64bits (sp2).

Jeff ...Good job!
Dave
June 02, 2009 07:50PM
Now that Jeff's returned with a new version of StrokeIT the 'other' softwares don't even compare...
June 08, 2009 02:49AM
Another wicked error :)
Drawing of the line now works normally in Vista even in 64bit and even on Aero, but when learning new gestures I click on the Review button, drawing is still a dead snail nailed to the floor.
kin
June 08, 2009 02:44PM
Same as 0.9.5, I use L_Button up as gesture to close windows, sometimes right click can't release after closed a windows. The pointer icon remain blue continuously, so if you click on any windows , the windows will close unintentionally until you right click again.
It happen on some video software during playback. (The bug can be duplicated again if you close foxit pdf reader by strokeit while pdf is opened)
Rog
June 08, 2009 04:50PM
This is working great for me with Windows 7 RC1 64bit. I couldn't be happier and would have switched back to XP if I couldn't have StrokeIt working. I imported my old config and it runs like a charm.

The only issue I've found so far is that right-dragging to copy / move / etc is a little more sluggish than it was with XP. I find I have to wait in the first explorer window for the timeout before dragging to the second. I set the timeout lower, that made it less painful, but in XP I could just drag and wait at the end (that felt more natural, or at least I'd become accustomed to it over the years). This is probably just a quirk of Windows 7, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

Very happy here. Thanks Jeff, you rock.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.