Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

Minimize

Posted by Jeff Maner 
Jeff Maner
Minimize
October 08, 2003 11:58AM
I seem to have broken StrokeIt. I cannot tell you how devastated I am.

In trying to teach StrokeIt a new gesture, Down - / Down - Down, I apparently over-wrote the normal / Down gesture which originally minimized the current window. I tried to reset the / Down gesture. I tried to teach StrokeIt the / Down gesture. Nothing sticks. Nothing works. I even uninstalled StrokeIt and Reinstalled it, complete with a reboot, telling it to over-write all the other settings I had successfully implemented, just to get that original / Down gesture to work. And StrokeIt still doesn't recognize it! Please help! I've lost one of my favorite gestures!

NT 4.0 Service Pack 6a, Dell Optiplex GXa.

BTW, this application is wonderful.

Jeff
Re: Minimize
October 08, 2003 06:47PM
In .9.2, there was a bug in certain circumstances where StrokeIt would not re-learn gestures. This is probably why it wouldn't re-learn the / Down gesture. This has been fixed in the latest beta.

Since you've already overwritten your custom settings, you may want to try uninstalling strokeit, manually deleting the Program Files\StrokeIT directory, and then reinstalling.

Good luck,

Jeff
Jeff Maner
October 09, 2003 01:17PM
Jeff,

Thanks for the ideas. I had been working with the latest version, 9.2a, so I don't know what the problem is. And to complicate matters, at some point StrokeIt started recognizing the minimize stroke again. Who knows?

Should StrokeIt differentiate between "Up - Right" and "/ Up - Right"? I can't manage to teach it to differentiate the one from the other. Am I doing something wrong?

Jeff.

Jeff
October 09, 2003 07:54PM
You will probably not have much luck getting strokeit to differentiate between "Up - Right" and "/ Up - Right" because it's curve smoothing algorithm will probably straighten the "/ Up -Right" into "/ Up" or "Up - Right"

-- Jeff
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 18 plus 16?