Contact Us

StrokeIt

How to draw a "4"?

Posted by blubb_fallo 
blubb_fallo
How to draw a "4"?
July 25, 2003 07:43AM
Hello again,

there are several gestures I seem to be unable to draw correctly. Maybe this is because some differences between American and German letter styles? F. e., I found no way to tell StrokeIt a "4".

Going through the list of preconfiguered gestures I found that I cannot stroke the following gestures right:

(gesture) > (result)

1 > ?, right-down
2 > Z
4 > unknown
5 > S (even if there are two sharp angles center-left and up-left)
6 > G, unknown
7 > right-down, Y
9 > unknown
0 (zero) > O (big letter)
A > unknown
F > unknown
I > down
J > mirror C (I`ve added this)
K > alpha (I`ve added this)
L > down-right
Q > unknown
T > ?
V > U (even with a sharp angle at bottom)
X > unknown
0 rev (zero) > O rev (big letter)
B rev > unknown
D rev > 8
F rev > unknown
J rev > 3 rev, mirror C reversed (I´ve added this)
K rev > unknown
Q rev > unknown
R rev > unknown
T rev > unknown
V rev > U rev
X rev > unknown.

Could anyone help me how to draw it the right way?

Thanks for your attention.

blubb_fallo

Linkman
Re: How to draw a "4"?
July 25, 2003 08:45AM
Hallo blubb_fallo,

This page shows the general guidelines for how to draw most of the gestures: [url=http://www.tcbmi.com/strokeit/actions.shtml?app=files/All%20Symbols.cfg]http://www.tcbmi.com/strokeit/actions.shtml?app=files/All%20Symbols.cfg[/url] (under Documentation/Actions on this site). A "4" is drawn by default like a "backwards" P Reversed, which you may be able to see from this little ASCII sketch (please ignore the periods/dots; they're just there for spacing, since the forum apparently turns any number of consecutive spaces into just one):

. . . . / |
. . . / . |
. . / . . |
. /_______| <-- Start here, going left
. . . . . |
. . . . . |
. . . . . | <-- End here coming down

But of course you can have StrokeIt learn the gestures any way you prefer, which is one of the coolest things about the snazzy program - and it learns very well.

Good luck, and have fun with it,
Linkman :)

PS Schöne Grüße aus Braunschweig ;)
blubb_fallo
Re: How to draw a "4"?
July 27, 2003 06:41AM
Thank you for the precious link. You´re right, learning gestures is a VERY fine feature StrokeIt provides. Because StrokeIt didnt recognize the gesture your ascii sketch shows as a "4", I teached it to it, and now it does.

Even though I hesistate to use the learning mode plenty. One week ago I had to reinstall StrokeIt completely, since I experienced annoying interferences with other gestures. Consequently, I lost all the customized stuff.

After I´d defined the "2" gesture several times, I couldnt stroke a "Z" anymore (yes, there ARE clear differences between them: the upper part of "2" is curved like a circle bow and without any angle, and I use to draw the "2" with a small loop at its down left, while my "Z" is three straight lines only, with sharp angles up right and down left). Deleting and re-teaching the "Z" didn´t succeed, StrokeIt was through with the "Z", resulting to "unknown gesture" every time.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 11 plus 14?