Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

Logitech mouse

Posted by Huey 
Huey
Logitech mouse
April 26, 2003 06:08PM
Since I installed the latest Logitech mouse driver ver 9.76, WHEEL_UP/_DOWN gestures have ceased to function. Worked OK using driver version 9.73. The tray icon will only recognise the gesture after a few attempts, but will not perform the gesture.

I am using Windows XP Pro, Strokeit 9.2a.
Appreciate any help

Regards
Huey.
pi
Re: Logitech mouse
May 30, 2003 06:21PM
you should send a mail to logitec too :)
Jeff
July 19, 2003 07:03PM
I think I may have a fix for this. The older logitech drivers were pretty gross, and getting them to send wheel notifications to StrokeIt involved an equally gross hack. However, with their recent drivers, they seem to have (finally) done things the right way.

Of course, this means that StrokeIt now needs to identify the newer drivers and know not to use the hack. I've identified a nice method of letting StrokeIt detect the newer drivers.

If you're using Logitech MouseWare > 9.73, please follow the instructions below and let me know if you can use the WHEEL_UP and WHEEL_DOWN gestures. If you're using Logitech MouseWare < 9.73, go ahead and follow the instructions here, and just let me know if WHEEL_UP and WHEEL_DOWN still work.

1) Download the new [url=http://www.tcbmi.com/strokeit/files/mhook.dll]mhook.dll[/url]

2) Shutdown StrokeIt

3) Copy the new mhook.dll to the folder you installed StrokeIt in (\Program Files\Strokeit). Overwrite the existing mhook.dll.

* If step 3 is successful, skip to step 8. If you cannot overwrite the existing mhook.dll, go to step 4.

4) Start StrokeIt

5) Go to the StrokeIt Preferences, uncheck "Run StrokeIt when Windows starts."

6) Reboot

7) Go back to step 3 :)

8) Start StrokeIt, and see if the WHEEL_UP and WHEEL_DOWN gestures work.

9) If you unchecked the box in step 5, go ahead and recheck it.

10) Post your results here :)
Huey
July 20, 2003 04:53PM
Thanks for the reply Jeff,

I followed your instructions and replaced the mhook.dll.
The WHEEL_UP and WHEEL_DOWN gestures now work, but not always on the first attempt, usually second or third attempt. This seems to only happen on the Desktop. It works first time (mostly) from within applications or Explorer windows.

Current Logitech driver version 9.78

Thanks again for your help

Regards

Huey
Tycho Quad
July 23, 2003 06:01AM
Works great! thanks!

I don't suppose anyone here would know how to turn my mouse buttons into hotkeys?
Linkman
July 25, 2003 09:16AM
Hi Jeff,

Wheel gestures work great for me now too! (Logitech MX700, Mouseware 9.75, Windows 2000) Every single WHEEL_UP and WHEEL_DOWN registers and sends out its command, as long as the last command has finished. Thanks for the updated dll file, Jeff! And kudos of course for a top-notch program!

I use the wheel to switch tasks, and I am wondering how Next Task and Prev Task can work a bit faster, since I can see and have to wait for the box moving across the open applications' taskbar buttons (like a WIN + TAB %N1% times, where %N1% is the button's "number" from left to right on the taskbar).

Logitech's iTouch keyboard scroll wheel, when it's set up to switch through tasks/applications, works "instantly". Alas, theirs doesn't "press down" the taskbar button for some tasks, like Add/Remove Programs, but that's not really a big deal. The thing I like about Logitech's switching is that instead of going in the order the applications are lined up in on the taskbar, it works like this:

Scroll UP works like ALT + TAB, scroll UP twice works like ALT + TAB TAB, etc., which is "in the direction of" recently focused tasks. And then scroll DOWN works like ALT + SHIFT + TAB, scroll DOWN twice works like ALT + SHIFT + TAB TAB, etc., which is "in the direction of" the LEAST recently focused tasks.

So switching works the "intuitive" way I had been used to when I just used keyboard keys to switch tasks.

Can StrokeIt be set up to have both of these task-switching modes available in it's commands?

Thanks for all your work,
Linkman :)
Andreas
July 28, 2003 04:21AM
@Tycho:

the new MouseWare 9.78 can assign any Shift-Ctrl-Alt-key combination to a mouse button, no longer just a few predefined ones. (I suppose that's what you meant?)
Tycho Quad
July 28, 2003 06:38AM
yeah, that's what i meant, and i figured that out a few days ago. But now I have another question which the latest drivers don't answer...

does anyone know how to make switchable profiles of keys? Games don't pick up buttons after [MOUSE5] some not even after [MOUSE3], so I want to assign keyboard shortcuts for them for games. But I want regular actions for just browsing the web. Does anyone know how i could build multiple switchable key layouts which i could possibly switch with a right click on the system tray?
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 6 plus 20?