Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

Did not work on my WinXP

Posted by LTP 
LTP
Did not work on my WinXP
March 19, 2003 11:06AM
I am a new user. I have downloaded Strokeit on my WinXP Chinese edition,and then tried to use it on the IE web page to perform gesture by moving the cursor backward or forward, but it did not respond. (I used the right click and held it and move the arrow to the left or right. It did not work.) Anything wrong with my download, or I missed something? Thanks for any suggestion.
Jeff
Re: Did not work on my WinXP
March 19, 2003 11:20AM
Are you sure StrokeIt is running (there should be a white arrow in your system tray)?

Does StrokeIt work for you in other programs?

What type of mouse are you using?

Do you have any additional mouse software installed?

-- Jeff
LTP
March 20, 2003 08:48AM
Jeff,

I use Logitech mouse. I did get an error message when the window started and tried to load Strokeit: "Can not load mhook.dll". This may indicates what is wrong. Thanks for your help.

Tai-Ping
Scott
March 20, 2003 09:12AM
LTP:

That means that you need to re-install strokeit, because on of the files that it requires is missing.

-Scott
LTP
March 20, 2003 11:09AM
Scott,
Thanks. It works now, but I found some of the default configurations do not work, e.g., P, M(I use outlook),O,U,etc on my WinXP.
LTP
Scott
March 20, 2003 11:47AM
What applications where you using that those did not work in?

-Scott
LTP
March 21, 2003 03:05AM
I tried them on Words. Is "P" supposed to be working for all print command? How do I redefine default action and command? Thanks.
LTP
Scott
March 21, 2003 07:53AM
P should be a default global gesture (so that it works in all applications unless its defined otherwise), to send Ctrl+P to the window (which is usually print). You can redefine it by selecting it in the Global Gestures section, and changing the associated to a new command or set of commands.

-Scott
LTP
March 22, 2003 11:37AM
Thanks. It works now. LTP
Scott
March 22, 2003 11:28PM
No problem. That's what we're here for.

-Scott
babs
April 24, 2003 12:58AM
StrokeIt back and forward won't work in Outlook 2000. Windows xp sp1.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 10 plus 17?