Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

.9.2 Preview

Posted by Jeff 
Jeff
.9.2 Preview
February 21, 2003 06:45PM
At the moment, it looks like this is mostly going to be a bugfix release, but have a look and let me know what you think.

[url=http://www.tcbmi.com/downloads/strokeit/StrokeIt_9_2_pre.exe]http://www.tcbmi.com/downloads/strokeit/StrokeIt_9_2_pre.exe[/url]

- Added: New "Utilities - Ok/Cancel Messagebox" to prompt to continue gesture processing.
- Fixed: "Minimize Window" will no longer minimize windows that cannot be restored (modal dialogs)
- Changed: Exporting a file will now prompt when overwriting existing files
- Fixed: Fixed bug on left handed (mouse buttons swapped) systems
- Fixed: Activate window will now restore minimized windows
- Fixed: Keystroke plugin doesn't work if window isn't active
- Fixed: "Prompt to learn gestures" option wasn't saved on shutdown

-- Jeff
pooyan
Re: .9.2 Preview
February 22, 2003 12:12AM
Sorry,I unchecked "Prompt to learn gestures" ,but it wasn't saved on shutdown.My system is win98se.
JD
February 22, 2003 02:19AM
Same thing here. w98
Jeff
February 22, 2003 04:23PM
Okay, that bug should really be fixed now.

[url=http://www.tcbmi.com/downloads/strokeit/StrokeIt_9_2_pre.exe]http://www.tcbmi.com/downloads/strokeit/StrokeIt_9_2_pre.exe[/url] (updated 22 Feb)

-- Jeff
pooyan
February 22, 2003 11:26PM
I've test it(updated 22 Feb).Now,the problem is:I checked "Prompt to learn gestures" ,but it wasn't saved on shutdown.Win98se.
QM
February 23, 2003 02:41PM
Just tried this one and now the problem appears to be worse- not only will it not save the option at shutdown when I uncheck it, it doesn't even save it for the session. I will uncheck it, quit preferences, load preferences and it's checked again. Same if I just change tabs and back in preferences. I use WinXP.
Chiquita
February 24, 2003 12:18AM
Hola, Jeff ...

swapped mouse button problem excellently fixed
One extra big mega-grin for you:

=====8-)))))))))))))))))))))))

Thanx a lot and,

KEEP UP YOUR GOOD WORK!

Greetings from cold Germany,
Chiquita
Anthony R.
February 24, 2003 11:49AM
Installed today, no probs. Thank god that activate minimized window was fixed. Awesome job.
QM
February 25, 2003 11:01PM
Ok, I got it working. I uninstalled the old version then went into the registry editor and deleted the strokeit keys (why doesn't uninstall do this?). I rebooted for good measure, installed the new beta, and voila! It works great! Thanks again for the excellent program, Jeff. I never used Opera, but I discovered gestures in Mozilla via a plugin. I thought to myself, "This is cool. I wonder if there's a program out there that does gestures for more than just my browser?" Well, I searched and found this beauty of a program. The rest, as they say, is history.
Leo
March 02, 2003 04:40PM
Hi Jeff,

I found something with "Utilities - Ok/Cancel Messagebox".
I define an action program specific with a symbol which has a global action when I now press cancel the global action is executed.
Is this a bug or a feature ?

by the way thanks again for StrokeIt

with best regards

Leo
Jeff
March 02, 2003 04:58PM
That's actually the intended behavior. The Ok/Cancel messagebox calls the SkipProcessing directive when the cancel button is pressed. This, in turn, tells StrokeIt that the action has failed, so it turns to the global actions to see if there's another action that may be applicable.

The original SkipProcessing directive was intended to be used by commands that required certain conditions to be met (ie, the kmeleon plugin will SkipProcessing if link-related gesture is performed on a part of a page that does not contain a link) This allows StrokeIt to "overload" gestures based on criteria set by the plugin.

In the case of the Ok/Cancel command, however, perhaps it would just be best to entirely quit processing.

-- Jeff
Leo
March 05, 2003 05:18PM
Hi Jeff,

> In the case of the Ok/Cancel command, however, perhaps it would
> just be best to entirely quit processing.

It would be nice to have the choice. :)

By the way do you work on "several drawbuttons yet" I would love this feature.
>Big *g*

with best regards

Leo
Jeff
March 06, 2003 10:38PM
Here's another build. This should address the issues with the "Ok/Cancel" dialog (it should now stop all processing), as well as some of the bugs/features mentioned recently.

I hope it works well for everyone.

[url=http://www.tcbmi.com/downloads/strokeit/StrokeIt_9_2_pre.exe]Download .9.2 Preview[/url] (Updated 6 March)

-- Jeff

New in this build since the last .9.2 preview:

- Added: "Run" command can now specify a window's starting state (maximized/minimized/normal)
- Fixed: Fixed a bug in the keystroke plugin that caused strings to be escaped multiple times
- Fixed: Gestures selection list not resetting properly (multiple entries)
- Fixed: Fixed "Task Prev" command

New in this build since .9.1:

- Added: New "Utilities - Ok/Cancel Messagebox" to prompt to continue gesture processing.
- Fixed: "Minimize Window" will no longer minimize windows that cannot be restored (modal dialogs)
- Changed: Exporting a file will now prompt when overwriting existing files
- Fixed: Fixed bug on left handed (mouse buttons swapped) systems
- Fixed: Activate window will now restore minimized windows
- Fixed: Keystroke plugin doesn't work if window isn't active
- Fixed: "Prompt to learn gestures" option wasn't saved on shutdown
Dale Hohm
Two issues (latest .9.2.pre)
March 06, 2003 11:18PM
Two issues with the latest .9.2 pre:

1) When starting the new version I get an alert window (red circle, white X) with the following in the title bar and only an OK button in the body:

D:\Program Files\Strokeit\Strings\kmeleon\default.lng

Click OK and StokeIt starts and seems to run fine.

2) I had installed to a non-default folder (D:\Program Files\Strokeit) and the new version defaults to the C drive for an install directory even though my existing commands and gestures still exist in the other location.

Not a big deal, but it will screw some people up. If you could find a way to default the install to the previous location it would be better.

Dale
Jeff
March 07, 2003 10:09AM
Dale,

Thanks for the report. I'm not seeing #1 on a clean install, so I suspect that sometime earlier you installed the kmeleon plugin and that on uninstallation, the strings\kmeleon directory was removed, but the kmeleon.dll plugin was not. I'll see if there's anything suspicious in the uninstaller that may cause this to happen.

2) I think we can arrange something like that.

-- Jeff
Jeff
March 08, 2003 05:48PM
Here's yet another .9.2 preview.

It should fix the following:

F gesture should be Left-Down instead of Right-Down
- This will update your existing gestures file (normally saving your gestures/actions files means that installing a new version will not add any of the new changes)

Installer should remember "alternative" directory installations

Kmeleon.dll won't be installed unless you tell it to (this was a bug in the last .9.2 preview)

String files should handle errors better now, but hopefully noone will ever have to see this :)

[url=http://www.tcbmi.com/downloads/strokeit/StrokeIt_9_2_pre.exe]Download .9.2 Preview[/url] (8 March)

* Please post your experiences here, I'm hoping that this build will become the official .9.2 release early next week, so if you're see any errors please let me know *

-- Jeff
Dale Hohm
March 10, 2003 10:45PM
All is well for me with this latest .9.2 pre

F and T work properly
No more error message about kmeleon on startup
no more error when shutting down StrokeIt
And a reinstall even remembers the last install directory

Well done and thank-you!

Dale
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 12 plus 15?