Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

Matching Opera

Posted by Howard Brazee 
Howard Brazee
Matching Opera
December 16, 2002 11:19AM
<HTML>I would like to keep all of my Opera mouse strokes working as they are now, but am having trouble getting this to work right. What's the best way of getting StrokeIt to not interfere when I'm using Opera?

Once I do this, I would love it if I could get Opera's mouse strokes working for other applications. What is the best way of doing this?</HTML>
Howard Brazee
Re: Matching Opera
December 16, 2002 11:34AM
<HTML>I got it to ignore Opera. Now I would like to get Mozilla and Windows Explorer to open in a new window when I right click and drag down from a link.</HTML>
Scott
December 17, 2002 12:53AM
<HTML>That will require a registered plugin. You can get more information on that <a href="http://www.tcbmi.com/strokeit/buy.shtml">here</a>, or you can make it easy on yourself, and use K-Meleon. ;-)

-Scott</HTML>
Ian
December 24, 2002 12:01PM
<HTML>How does the registered plugin work, as right-click doesn't immdediately focus the link in mozilla/explorer normally but bring up the context menu? There was nothing in the buy page that described this enhanced functionality.</HTML>
Scott
December 25, 2002 02:12AM
<HTML>Registered plugins get more information about the gesture than a regular plugin does, so system commands (such as right-clicking and selecting context menu items) would be able to be performed based on the beginning or ending point of the gesture.

-Scott</HTML>
pakiyabhai
January 17, 2003 10:51AM
<HTML>ok ok , how about ASSIGN middle mouse button if have u one for strokeit gestures .

then u can enjoy both</HTML>
ILoveJackDaniels
January 30, 2003 08:13AM
<HTML>How did you get it to ignore Opera? I've checked the "Disble gestures in this application" box, but Opera's mouse gestures won't work when StrokeIt is running. I'd like to keep the Opera gestures as they are in the program, and use StrokeIt for all other applications if possible, but can't unless I can get StrokeIt to ignore Opera...</HTML>
ILoveJackDaniels
January 30, 2003 08:20AM
<HTML>Ahhh, found it. For anyone who stumbles across this page (as I did) while trying to find out how to get StrokeIt to ignore Opera .... go to Edit > Preferences > General, and check the box next to "Only enable strokeit in configures applications".</HTML>
EuroMartin
January 31, 2003 04:40PM
<HTML>Or, You can select Opera in the Command Editor list and then add another Application Identifier.
Then click-and-drag on the Finder Tool and release it in the Opera window.
That did the trick for me!

Regards
/Martin</HTML>
Secret
January 31, 2003 09:07PM
<HTML>What other apps do you use gestures in other than your browser? For me, it is only the browser and pdexplorer. I suppose I should use it with more apps...</HTML>
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 15 plus 23?