Wiki
Plugins
Translations
Developers
Donate

Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

@Jeff: Any plans for StrokeIt development?

Posted by lallous 
lallous
@Jeff: Any plans for StrokeIt development?
May 28, 2007 06:17AM
Hello Jeff,

Thanks again for StrokeIt and offering it as a free contribution.

It is a great tool: stable and light. Any plans to update it, at least to get it work on 64bit operating systems?

Regards,
Elias
The project seems to be dead, there haven't been any updates in more than 2 years, some people even thinks that Jeff himself is dead or something.

It's really a pity, it would be nice to update it for Vista or even other operating systems. I wonder what happened. Worst of all, in these two years nobody came up with a better, free & open alternative.
lallous
Re: @Jeff: Any plans for StrokeIt development?
May 29, 2007 01:43AM
Hello Sylar,

As I have been reading other posts, there seem to be many alternatives, but are they as good as StrokeIt? That's the question.

I wonder if anyone tried to contact Jeff and got any replies recently.

Regards,
Elias
We asked him a while ago about making StrokeIt open source but the answer was negative.
Pity...his software could be much improved for this 2 years...
WurstFromHell
June 11, 2007 03:56PM
Maybe Jeff will continue to work on StrokeIt when he sees more and more money coming in on his paypal account? I for one registered twice up to now and did never regret that. Please keep in mind how much easier computing got with this tool.

PS. I am neither affiliated with Jeff nor his company. Moreover, I am pretty much interested in StrokeIt as it is one of these tools I can barely work without.
He could really earn some money with this software but it's very strange that we haven't heard any word of him for a long period of time...
Very strange...
"on 64bit operating systems?" - works for me on Windows 2003 x64 (amd64) without any problems.
Paypaller
September 06, 2007 05:59PM
If there were more active updates I'd donate, but at the moment I'd feel I was giving someone money to ignore me.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 18 plus 10?