Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

Question about minimize

Posted by .D. 
.D.
Question about minimize
July 26, 2002 01:46PM
<HTML>How come the minimize command (/) doesn't minimize to the taskbar?
Please see the picture: http://home.attbi.com/~derekh/min.jpg</HTML>
Jeff
Re: Question about minimize
July 26, 2002 05:52PM
<HTML>Does that happen with all programs, or just the one?

StrokeIt's minimize command is simply a call to the windows API: ShowWindow(SW_MINIMIZE, hWnd); so if it's just one program, it's most likely some quirky window handling in that program.

As a workaround, create a minimize command for just that program that uses the key sequence [ALT_DOWN][SPACE]n[ALT_UP]

-- Jeff</HTML>
.D.
July 26, 2002 08:25PM
<HTML>Hmm. I hadn't thought of that. After you mentioned it, I tried several other programs and they all minimized properly. I went back to try XNews again, and sure enough, it once again did not minimize to the task bar. I will try your recommendation for it. Thanks.</HTML>
pi
July 26, 2002 08:36PM
<HTML>i don't have this problem with xnews, which version are you using ?

pi</HTML>
.D.
July 27, 2002 12:27AM
<HTML>5.04.24 (about box says 5.04.25). My guess is it has partially to do with the OS then if not everyone has this problem. I'm using Win2000 SP2. However, Jeff's fix works so I'm not too concerned about it.</HTML>
.D.
July 27, 2002 11:06PM
<HTML>Grr... Is there something wrong with my system? I found that ICQ does the same thing. Only with this app Alt+Space does not bring up the standard menu, making the above suggestion useless for it. Does anyone have any idea what's going on? I still fully support Stroke-It as it is a great program, especially at it's price <grin>. I just wish I knew why this was happening. I even unloaded Object Bar to see if it was causing problems with it's non-standard task-bar, but that had no effect.</HTML>
Scott
July 28, 2002 02:52AM
<HTML>Try using alt, left, down to bring up that menu.

as jeff mentioned, the problem is with weird internal handling of the minimize message.

-Scott</HTML>
.D.
July 28, 2002 03:15PM
<HTML>Hmm. It seems that I was mistaken. Alt+space does indeed bring up that menu. I was just using an ICQ Plus skin that didn't show it properly. Alt, Left, Down brings it up as well, as Scott mentioned above. The problem instead is that the minimize command doesn't work at all (neither does maximize for that matter). They aren't greyed out, they just don't do anything, even when selected directly with the keyboard. Maybe I'll look into the "minimize to systray" Strokeit plugin and see if that works for it. Thanks all for your help.</HTML>
Negetron
October 08, 2002 12:11PM
<HTML>If you have shortcuts for ICQ turned on, just send a hotkey "Ctrl+Shift+A" to the ICQ window. Works great for me.</HTML>
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 7 plus 17?