Wiki
Plugins
Translations
Developers
Donate

Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

Hotkey to minimize a window within a the program's window?

Posted by Allen 
WinXP:

Is there a hotkey to minimize a window within a the program's window? Such as for programs that allow multiple windows open inside it [i.e. Photoshop, etc.]. Thanks.
Re: Hotkey to minimize a window within a the program's window?
August 21, 2006 06:43AM
From http://support.microsoft.com/kb/126449/

• ALT+- (ALT+hyphen): Displays the Multiple Document Interface (MDI) child window's System menu (from the MDI child window's System menu, you can restore, move, resize, minimize, maximize, or close the child window)
• CTRL+TAB: Switch to the next child window of a Multiple Document Interface (MDI) program
• CTRL+F4: Closes the current Multiple Document Interface (MDI) window

So you could use Alt - n
doesnt work for what i was asking... :(
I have 3 monitors running. #1 has a workflow program, 2 and 3 have a single viewing program stretched over the two monitors. I need a hotkey to minimize the program on monitor 1 and not minimize the second program running on 2 and 3. BUT, the program on 2/3 is launched by a shortcut in program 1. Does any of this make sense? I am not a computer programmer and I know nothing about writing scripts. I just need to know if there is a simple hotkey or combo key.
I have tried the Windows+M and Windows+D, they minimize both programs.

Thanks
Press the Fn button and while still holding fn press f12
April 06, 2009 10:51PM
[alt_down]-[alt_up]x (for maximize)
[alt_down]-[alt_up]n (for minimize)

(you must use "send keystrokes" instead of "hotkey")
works for me.
April 06, 2009 11:09PM
note that is a minus between [alt_down] and [alt_up]. Just copy and paste the keystroke I mentioned and it should work.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 23 plus 21?