Contact Us

StrokeIt

Minimize into system tray program

Posted by Dennis 
Dennis
Minimize into system tray program
February 27, 2002 11:30PM
<HTML>Ya I know,

normally u don't post commercials or so... well whatever I found the proggy over betanews same as yours so here my hint:
It is called Iconic Tray (http://dnsoft.swrus.com/it/index.html) and all it does,
is minimize programs into the system tray, or into the tray of the program itself, which is in the system tray.
If you click on the minimize button with teh right mosue button the program minimizes into tray and if u click the middle on it minimized itno the it-tray... BUT it also works with keystrokes, sooo what did I think? I included it instead of strokeIT's normal minimizing functions and now if I draw a diagonal line facing down, my window goes into the system tray and my taskbar is much cleaner, or even better into the it-systemtray (just one little icon, with a menu and all the programs inside).

Well I just wanted to say that, maybe this belongs into teh improvement requests, and maybe not I dunno.

Have Phun!
Dennis</HTML>
Dennis
Re: Minimize into system tray program
February 27, 2002 11:39PM
<HTML>Hmm i'm the forgetter... sorry

Well one problem is until now, that you can't get the windows maximized with a keystorke, you can only get the menu, where u can choose which program should be maximized again.

I emailed the author about it already. Oh and it is shareware, but if u betatest, u might be getting a full license, I think its useful anyways.

Booooooooh!
Dennis</HTML>
Scott
February 27, 2002 11:44PM
<HTML>A while back, I was considering writing a plugin for StrokeIt that would do the same thing. If there's more interest in this feature, I'll re-open development on it.

-Scott</HTML>
JD
February 28, 2002 12:45AM
<HTML>More interest! :)</HTML>
Dennis who else
February 28, 2002 02:35PM
<HTML>I wrote the developer of the program and he said he would write a plugin for stroke IT and he asked me what exactly the plugin should do... actually he even read this forum but didn't post a msg,doh.

Well what I suppose is, if you minimize programs into the system tray that u can do that and get em out of there again then somehow.

If you have this neatexternal program (which I think is better than plain system tray, because its just one symbol in teh systemtray and not 1 million of al your programs) its better to do it like it is right now, just take a peek at the prog. I am only missing the keystrokes to get all windows minimized and maximized and to get em out of the "minimized" list...

I just email that to him, when I'm at home, so like in 2 hours.

cya later aligator
Dennis

PS: JD seems to be interested in everything new ;)</HTML>
JD
February 28, 2002 05:04PM
<HTML>I just love new toys. LoL :) Especially ones that improve functionality. ;)

Well, I took a PEEK at it. I myself prefer multiple icons in the tray. Since I usually don't minimize alot of apps to the tray. Altough, I do understand what your saying.</HTML>
JD
February 28, 2002 05:09PM
<HTML>How about a speel check plugin. ;) Arrgh... And I meant I took a peek at Iconic Tray.</HTML>
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 11 plus 13?