Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

Application recognition under Citrix / special keys

Posted by JeromeC 
Application recognition under Citrix / special keys
December 28, 2010 05:08AM
Hi,

I log into a citrix environment (SSO login performed at that level), then click an application icon and then need to feel a regular login window to enter this application.

I am unable to have StrokeIt recognize my application login window in this citrix window / environment, whatever the app recognition method I'm trying, it won't recognize it when I try my gesture.

So I decided to make a global definition to have my application login work. It's better, login sequence is starting, however there is still an issue : special keys like [TAB], which are normally working just fine in other definitions that I have created, are not interpreted, only the regular keystrokes are sent to the window. So the login is not working of course, since all is typed by StrokeIt into the same field... (and there is a "beep" noise for each special key that is sent).

Is this due to the Citrix environment constraints ?

Is there anything I can do about it ?

Thanks for your help
Jerome
Leo
Re: Application recognition under Citrix / special keys
December 28, 2010 02:38PM
Hello Jerome,

Which software I have to download to test this one ?

Happy new year

Thanks

Leo
December 29, 2010 10:42AM
Well this is certainly not an easy to reproduce : you need to have a Citrix farm installed, with external applications on servers with accounts setup, etc ==> you only find this in a corporate environment.

However, strangely, today my StrokeIt definition is working better (!) and however I have not changed anything. The only difference is that when the application login window opens, the cursor is positioned on the second field, but you have to change the content of the first field (system to connect to), and then the second (name of the database), the third (user name) and then the password and then enter, so I had tried to setup shift-tab to go back to the first field, then keystrokes / tab / keystrokes, etc. This was not working (ie what I explained above) at all, filling all into the second field (DB name, user, password).

Today the difference is that first I positioned my cursor on the first field manually, then I launched the StrokeIt gesture, and all my fields were populated correctly ! The only thing that didn't work is the final Enter, I had the sound instead and I had to click Ok (= Enter) manually.
December 29, 2010 01:12PM
A suggestion: you could use Autohotkey do do the work. It is usually more reliable than SrokeIt, so it would be worth a try. Just let SI send a hotkey, then have AHK pick it up and carry out the desired commands.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Attachments:
  • Valid attachments: zip, sxp, cfg
  • No file can be larger than 128 KB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 512 KB
  • 4 more file(s) can be attached to this message

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 9 plus 9?