Contact Us

StrokeIt

Total Commander, middle mouse button

Posted by Neesa 
Neesa
Total Commander, middle mouse button
December 16, 2010 09:46AM
Hello

Inside Total commander I use left mouse button selection mode (Windows standart). I would like assign to the middle mouse button the function Ctrl+ left button click. Is it possible? Can you help me? :)
Re: Total Commander, middle mouse button
December 16, 2010 06:47PM
I don't think that is possible with just StrokeIt. You could set Right Mouse Button + Middle Button to do Control Click, though:
- Have the right mouse button as your standard gesture-triggering button in the preferences menu
- Make an action that gets triggered by MButton
- Add a command to it: Hotkey, control click; you do need the Emulate Mouse plugin for that, though. You can find the link to it somewhere on the forum; if you can't find it, I could put it up on the internet somewhere.

But it would be much easier to accomplish Middle Button triggers Control Click if you used a simple Autohotkey script:
#Ifwinactive, Total Commander ;limits the script to this program
Mbutton::^Lbutton ;the caret ^ means Control
#Ifwinactive
Download AHK, install it. Make a new text file and paste the above code into it. Rename the file to whatever.ahk, and double click it. Now your hotkey is active, unless I made some stupid mistake. I don't have TC installed at the moment, so it could be that you need a different identifier with Ifwinactive. What I just did here works only if "Total Commander" is actually in the title bar of the application. You can change that to a different phrase if you see that in TC's actual title bar. Good luck!
Neesa
Re: Total Commander, middle mouse button
December 17, 2010 01:04AM
Oh, thanks! :-*
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Attachments:
  • Valid attachments: zip, sxp, cfg
  • No file can be larger than 128 KB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 512 KB
  • 4 more file(s) can be attached to this message

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 3 plus 5?