Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

How to send TAB command for next dialog control

Posted by skylos 
skylos
How to send TAB command for next dialog control
August 11, 2010 04:48AM
I'm trying to navigate through the dialog control fields of an app and I can't make it work.

I tried sending the TAB hotkey command and it gets interpreted as a character instead of a command.
I triend posting the WM_NEXTDLGCTL message to the window nothing. Also tried its code 0x0028 still nothing.

Any ideas?
Re: How to send TAB command for next dialog control
August 11, 2010 05:30AM
It should both work as TAB Send Hotkey command or as [TAB] Send Keystrokes command. What do you mean by 'it gets interpreted as a character'? Could you post the config file (or that part of it in case it contains sensitive data)?
Thanks for the response.
I forgot to mention I also tried sending [TAB] as keystroke.

I'm an experienced customiser of Strokeit but this is a behaviour I haven't met before.
There's not much to see at the config file, right now there's the series of temporarily disabled commands mentioned i.e.

Keys - Hotkey, Hotkey: TAB
Keys - Send keystrokes: [TAB_DOWN][TAB_UP]
Keys - Send keystrokes: [TAB]
WinMsg - Post Message, Send To: Current (also tried title match), Message ID: 0x0028
WinMsg - Post Message, Send To: Current (also tried title match), Message ID: WM_NEXTDLGCTL

preceded by a Windows - Active Window by caption & pattern match ticked. Which is redundant really because I have another chain of commands from a previous strokeit action landing there and typing a few digits on that very text box I can't escape from. Alas I just wanted to make sure the focus is still there.

By the phrase quoted I meant that the horizontal tab character (HT) is inserted into the text field instead of shifting the focus to the next control box.

I should mention it does work as expected when using the keyboard tab key. Each time the tab key is pressed, the focus jumps over to the next box of the form.
Apparently strokeit's msg.dll does not allow sending any Message ID, only from the predined set.
So it has to be done with WM_COMMAND. Hopefully a fitting wParam exists for the task.
Re: How to send TAB command for next dialog control
August 11, 2010 03:27PM
You can send whatever message ID you like, those you can select from the dropbox are predefined. As long as you know the message ID, you can enter into the dropbox, it's editable.
You said it enter a tab into the text field. Was it an editbox or a text box? In which application does that happen?
By the way, the version of your StrokeIt/OS?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2010 03:31PM by gemisigo.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Attachments:
  • Valid attachments: zip, sxp, cfg
  • No file can be larger than 128 KB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 512 KB
  • 4 more file(s) can be attached to this message

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 11 plus 21?