Donate

Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

app switching and tab switching in IE8 gestures

Posted by rico4295 
app switching and tab switching in IE8 gestures
February 08, 2010 04:56PM
I did used AutoHotKey for app switching (alt+tab'ing) and then learned about this app. I also like it's smaller memory footprint.

I have my draw gesture key as mouse right click and have draw gesture on.

For app switching (alt+tab) = draw a stroke from right to left and back right
In the main window under Global Actions - Task Next in the listbox I chose Left+Right then click Add Gesture button.
From the tree list click Next Window. In the list box I chose Keys - Send Keystrokes and in the text box I put [lalt_down][tab_down][tab_up][lalt_up]

For the Tab switching in IE8 = draw a stroke from left to right and back left

In the main windows under Global Actions click it to highlight it. Right click and Add New Action.
Click on New Action. In the listbox on the right I chose Right+Left then click Add Gesture button.
Click on New Action to highlight it then right click on it and Add Command.
Click on New Command and in the listbox on the right chose Keys - Send Keystrokes and in the text box I put [LCTRL_DOWN][TAB_DOWN][TAB_UP][LCTRL_UP]

From another post about the google search gesture: = highlight a word in an IE8 webpage then draw an S stroke to open a new tab and search google with the text

I got it to work in IE8 but had problems in Explorer

In the main window under Internet Explorer click it to highlight it. Right click and Add New Action.
Click on New Action to highlight it and in the listbox on the right I chose S and the click Add Gesture button.
In the treelist on the left click New Action to highlight and right click on it and Add New Command.
Click on New Command to highlight it and in the listbox on the right chose Keys - Send Keystrokes.
In the text area I put [lctrl_down]c[lctrl_up][lctrl_down]t[lctrl_up]http://www.google.com/search?q=[lctrl_down]v[lctrl_up][enter]

I don't post much (anywhere!) so I hope this is accurate and helpful -rico4295
Re: app switching and tab switching in IE8 gestures
July 05, 2010 07:12PM
Hey, I only just saw this. Well done, this will probably be very helpful to those that might need it, cool.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Attachments:
  • Valid attachments: zip, sxp, cfg
  • No file can be larger than 128 KB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 512 KB
  • 4 more file(s) can be attached to this message

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 5 plus 22?