Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

Mouse "Wheel Up" or "Wheel Down" as a command

Posted by Rick 
Rick
Mouse "Wheel Up" or "Wheel Down" as a command
March 21, 2009 06:29PM
Is there a way to assign the mouse "Wheel Up" or "Wheel Down" as a command?

I'm using a touch screen (with no mouse), and I need to scroll an application's window up and down. Unfortunetly the application does not support the "Page Up" or Page Down" keys, but the application window does scroll with the use of the mouse wheel.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks
Update........I found what I was looking for while searching on the web (kerry_s in the Ubuntu forum). I though I'd post the answer here so as to help others:

there is a keyboard mouse control, that actually controls the mouse.

hold shift+ctrl and press the numlk, you might hear a beep, mine doesn't beep on this laptop, but did when use a regular keyboard, that activates keyboard mouse control. on my laptop the number key's are accessed by holding the fn key.

# 7, 8 ,9 are the up directions
# 4, 6 are left and right
# 1, 2, 3 are the down directions

/ is the left mouse key
* is the middle mouse key
- is the right mouse key

Rick
UnKnown
Re: Mouse "Wheel Up" or "Wheel Down" as a command
April 07, 2023 03:47PM
bro if u see this id what u gonna do but i wanna do that u wrote this 14 years ago and it still is in use ty man hope u see thes and i used it its usefull and so i can talk to u add me on snap if u have maksdej
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Attachments:
  • Valid attachments: zip, sxp, cfg
  • No file can be larger than 128 KB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 512 KB
  • 4 more file(s) can be attached to this message

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 22 plus 15?