Internet Options CP
March 12, 2005 08:54PM
Internet Explorer > Internet Options [Action] > O Reversed [Command]
Run - Run Program
File: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\inetcpl.cpl
Start dir, Arguments: blank
Run: Normal
When I do a reversed O, I get:

"This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Folder Options control panel."

Start > Run works and so does opening it in an explorer window.
How do I make the Internet Options Control Panel open in IE?
rev_20
Re: Internet Options CP
March 12, 2005 09:43PM
Alright I solved it!!!!!!!!

Go to:
Tools > Folder Options (Win XP)
View > Folder Options (Win 98)

File Types > CPL > Advanced > Open with Control Panel > Edit...
Copy the "Application used to perform action line"
Hit Cancel, then New...
Action: Open
Application used to perform action line: [paste what you previously copied]
for me (winXP) it was: rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL "%1",%*

Hit OK, then Set Open as Default and OK yourself out to Stroke It - Command Editor. Right-click on Internet Explorer (in Stroke It) and create a New Action.
Choose whatever u want, but I used O Reversed for my IE CP (O is for Stroke It Command Editor).

Right click on ur New Action and create a new command.
Run - Run Program
File: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\inetcpl.cpl
Start dir: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\
Arguments: blank
Run: Normal Window

and voila! try a reversed O in IE. btw, u may wanna train it to learn ur reversed O's. I had to.
vorchatwo
Re: Internet Options CP
April 26, 2005 10:20PM
Im not sure about XP, but in Win 98 in the Control Panal (get there through My Computer) there's an Icon called Internet Options. R-click on it and select create shortcut (there is only 2 choices), it will put it on the desktop. Then just you can either leave it on the desktop (you can make it sorta invisable by changing the Icon to a blank one and renaming it to a . or something then put it off to the side somewhere out of the way) or put it in the Start button area (when you click the Start button in Win 98, the stuff at the top, above a seperator). Then make a shortcut key to it, and run the shortcut key in strokeit.
Note though, that I read some where that in Win 98 for shortcut keys to work the shortcut with the key has to be on the desktop or (I believe it said) the Start area (at the top, or some where you can see it when you click the start button).
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Attachments:
  • Valid attachments: zip, sxp, cfg
  • No file can be larger than 128 KB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 512 KB
  • 4 more file(s) can be attached to this message

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 15 plus 25?