Forums/Help
Contact Us

StrokeIt

I need help with commands

Posted by Patrick 
Patrick
I need help with commands
December 17, 2004 09:54AM
whenever i try to make the gesture to run a program it wont work i have made the command look like this:

Configure a command below
Run - Run Program

Open the specified program or file
File:
C:\ProgramFiles\WinMx\WinMx.exe
Browse
Start Dir: C:
Arguments:
Run: Maximized

can you help me figure out what to do please

Leo
Re: I need help with commands
December 17, 2004 05:02PM
Hallo Patrick,

Please find "Run Explorer [E]" in the Global actions menu and you see what to do.

with best regards

Leo
Fr3Ak
April 10, 2005 10:54AM
Can anybody please explaine me exactly, how to make my Unreal Tournament (game) run after i do the mouse gesture that i wont?!?!?
for example, i do letter U with my mouse, and it starts my Unreal Tournament, how to do that?!?!?!
Scott
April 10, 2005 03:48PM
Don't double post. Thanks.
vorchatwo
April 26, 2005 09:56PM
Patrick, are you forgetting the \ at the end of c: ?
Your start directory is wrong, it needs to be the same directory line as your file above it, but with out the file name. ex: C:\ProgramFiles\WinMx\
And you may need to put double \'s in like: C:\\ProgramFiles\\WinMx\\
Sometimes strokeit (or windows I dont know which) is fussy about that, it thinks that just one \ is a separator for a command and not part of a path name (again, I think. I read something on this same issue waaayyyy back in the forum. Try doing a search for run command in this forum.)

You can also just leave the start directory blank and see if that works too, like before some progs are fussy that way and need to be hand-held to the file.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Attachments:
  • Valid attachments: zip, sxp, cfg
  • No file can be larger than 128 KB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 512 KB
  • 4 more file(s) can be attached to this message

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 3 plus 12?